Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2009, 09:05   #11
PaulBlay
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 657
PaulBlay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondkalb View Post
It was possible to phase into vaults if the surrounding area had been destructed with destruction/earthquake.
Speaking purely from a theoretical viewpoint, that can happen because the actual 'vault area' is a rectangle - possibly rather larger than the 'pretty bit'. You are actually using phase-door from inside the vault area even if it isn't immediately obvious.
__________________
Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.
PaulBlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2009, 17:10   #12
Daniel Fishman
Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 131
Daniel Fishman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBlay View Post
Speaking purely from a theoretical viewpoint, that can happen because the actual 'vault area' is a rectangle - possibly rather larger than the 'pretty bit'. You are actually using phase-door from inside the vault area even if it isn't immediately obvious.
But doesn't phase from inside a vault always lands you outside it, even if the normal range of the teleport cannot get you to land outside it?
Daniel Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2009, 17:17   #13
PaulBlay
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 657
PaulBlay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Fishman View Post
But doesn't phase from inside a vault always lands you outside it, even if the normal range of the teleport cannot get you to land outside it?
I think that depends on variant. I don't know about vanilla in particular.
__________________
Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.
PaulBlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2009, 10:01   #14
Mondkalb
Knight
 
Mondkalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 954
Mondkalb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBlay View Post
I think that depends on variant. I don't know about vanilla in particular.
In Vanilla phase door takes you outside the vault.
Mondkalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feature idea: mini-vaults CunningGabe Vanilla 6 February 1, 2009 12:48
Clearing Dangerous Vaults Wraitheist Vanilla 0 January 22, 2009 17:30
Types of vaults Wraitheist Vanilla 5 September 8, 2008 01:53
Fleas/worms ruining vaults Zikke Variants 11 August 2, 2008 05:56
Where are all those vaults? The Sparrow Vanilla 4 March 10, 2008 15:44


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.