AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old January 1, 2011, 21:45   #11
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Hmmm. Haven't come across this. Are you registered on trac? Maybe it's a setting for unregistered users?
I couldn't find the "new ticket" button, so I just registered immediately prior to reporting it. In the past, I submitted tickets and attached files unregistered with no problems. The only possible change on my side is upgrading from an ancient browser without flash to something modern.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2011, 22:00   #12
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
I couldn't find the "new ticket" button, so I just registered immediately prior to reporting it. In the past, I submitted tickets and attached files unregistered with no problems. The only possible change on my side is upgrading from an ancient browser without flash to something modern.
The need for registration is an anti-spam measure. No idea why you're not getting the attachment thing working properly. I'll keep a look out for it.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2011, 03:29   #13
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Allow me to throw out a feature request for 3.3, a small tweak to the store interface. It's something I became accustomed to playing DaJ and since the stores already use noun/verb syntax, it will be a very small change.

Allow a purchase to be initiated by selecting it twice consecutively. For example, given...

Code:
a) 13 potions of cure light wounds
You can currently press either 'ag' or 'ab' to initiate a purchase of this item. I would just like to add 'aa' to that list. To the best of my knowledge this won't interfere with anything else, and it's a little less keyboard travel for your fingers. Eventually, if it's embraced, it could lead to the elimination of 'g' and 'b' as store commands, freeing them up to be used as store inventory slots.
Old January 3, 2011, 09:25   #14
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
(P.S. The new nightlies *shouldn't* break savefiles - I've done quite a lot of testing of that. But if you have any bronze DSM, finish your current game before upgrading ...)
Ok, I fixed it so that importing savefiles with bronze DSM (or with bronze monsters on the level) will not crash.

But ... randarts are broken in nightlies. If you start a new game with randarts, it will work ok, but your randarts will be very weird - all resists/slays and almost no stat boosts. This is a side-effect of the introduction of multiple pvals - since I need to rewrite randart.c completely for 3.3 I've decided not to spend time fixing it up before I do that.

So if you're playing nightlies you might want to stick with standarts until further notice.
Old January 3, 2011, 17:02   #15
Sirridan
Knight

Sirridan is on a distinguished road
Bit of a bug, playing a human warrior, dungeon level 1, walked over a light blue mushroom after killing a floating eye, and it said "you see a light blue mushroom <x10>". Quite annoying actually.
Sirridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2011, 20:54   #16
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirridan View Post
Bit of a bug, playing a human warrior, dungeon level 1, walked over a light blue mushroom after killing a floating eye, and it said "you see a light blue mushroom <x10>". Quite annoying actually.
Ah, d_m will be pleased: he reported that and we all told him he was going mad, as nobody else can reproduce it. I've opened http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1308, so grateful if you could attach a savefile which reproduces the problem.
Old January 3, 2011, 21:41   #17
Sirridan
Knight

Sirridan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ah, d_m will be pleased: he reported that and we all told him he was going mad, as nobody else can reproduce it. I've opened http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1308, so grateful if you could attach a savefile which reproduces the problem.
Attaching. Also, it only seems to happen when I pick up something that won't stack. To clarify:

Walk over a single green potion, it tells me I see it 10x.
Walk over another green potion, it picks it up automatically.

Same thing happens with weapons, armor, etc.

ID'ed or not it doesn't matter, if it doesn't auto-pickup because it can stack with something in inventory, it prompts a ton of times.

Also prompt amounts vary between 6 and 10, but stay static with any given game session.

EDIT: Also finding tons of vaults in the low levels, at least 3 or 4 before dlvl 10, normal? Lots of other special rooms too, like the checkerboards that are full of items, monsters, and traps. Makes it a lot more dangerous and interesting, I like it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1000.Logan.zip (17.0 KB, 65 views)
Sirridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2011, 22:02   #18
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirridan View Post
EDIT: Also finding tons of vaults in the low levels, at least 3 or 4 before dlvl 10, normal? Lots of other special rooms too, like the checkerboards that are full of items, monsters, and traps. Makes it a lot more dangerous and interesting, I like it.
This is what I complained about in the other thread. Obviously, mileages vary.

I went down to DL10 just for silliness. Smaug, Shelob, and Kavlax in a vault and my only resistance was an amulet for acid.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2011, 22:12   #19
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
This is what I complained about in the other thread. Obviously, mileages vary.

I went down to DL10 just for silliness. Smaug, Shelob, and Kavlax in a vault and my only resistance was an amulet for acid.
Ok, the dungeon silliness has been reverted - it was an accidental change in defines.h which has been re-set.

Sirridan: I never spotted the pickup bug because I play with pickup_always on, which means everything is picked up and the duplicate messages never happen. It's due to some reworked pickup code which went in a couple of days ago. The ticket is now confirmed so I expect it'll be fixed soon. (I am not volunteering because I don't really know that bit of the code and I'm in the middle of another branch I'm trying to finish before going back to work.)
Old January 3, 2011, 23:58   #20
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is, quite possibly, very, very awesome.