Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old February 19, 2010, 19:25   #1
awldune
Adept

awldune is on a distinguished road
Item generation in 3.12 versus 3.0x

So I have been playing 3.12 and have a nice character going (Clvl 40 HE Warrior w/ Ringil, GoP). Have been away from *band for a year or two, and I used to mostly play NPP 4.1.

I know that efforts have been made to fix "TMJ", and sometimes that works out nicely. However, it seems like I am having a lot of trouble finding utility items. !Healing, *Destruction*, -Teleport Other, !Speed, _Speed. I haven't found a ?*Destruction* in forever.

It also seems like cursed items are very rare, or even nonexistent. I am at 3200' and haven't seen a single cursed item since finding Mormegil back around 1600'. No arrows of Backbiting, cloaks of Irritation, etc.

Also seems like there are more "Floor Find" artifacts than there used to be.

Do others have the same observation?
awldune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2010, 19:29   #2
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by awldune View Post
I know that efforts have been made to fix "TMJ", and sometimes that works out nicely. However, it seems like I am having a lot of trouble finding utility items. !Healing, *Destruction*, -Teleport Other, !Speed, _Speed. I haven't found a ?*Destruction* in forever.
!speed is actually easier to find on the floor early in the dungeon, or in the black market. I think it may be harder to accumulate now than before. That said, I haven't noticed having more problems finding teleport-other, _speed, or !healing than I used to have.

Quote:
It also seems like cursed items are very rare, or even nonexistent. I am at 3200' and haven't seen a single cursed item since finding Mormegil back around 1600'. No arrows of Backbiting, cloaks of Irritation, etc.
I think it is true that there are fewer cursed egos now than there were.

Quote:
Also seems like there are more "Floor Find" artifacts than there used to be.
This is definitely true. In 3.1 and beyond, monsters tend to drop less good stuff and the floor tends to have pretty good stuff lying on it. Takkaria has talked about changing this but I don't know what the status of that is.
Old February 19, 2010, 19:41   #3
Sirridan
Knight

Sirridan is on a distinguished road
It took forever for me to find my first -to, but now I'm swimming in that, s2mud, and ?_destruct.

It seems to vary widely, but tends to me not finding those utility things often. The game I'm playing seems to be the exception to the rule.
Sirridan is offline   Reply With Quote