Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 27, 2013, 06:36   #121
Oramin
Swordsman

Oramin is on a distinguished road
As I recall, you can still determine if coins/treasure are a monster by simply running at them. With monsters you break off running one square before getting adjacent to them while with real coins/treasure you end up adjacent to them.

Or, perhaps, my memory is in error.
Oramin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2013, 09:01   #122
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
1d1, I don't know why it talks about damage with those and not others. The only potions that damage on hit are Flask of Oil(not really a potion) and potion of detonations/death(not in the game anymore.
IIRC death didn't do any damage when thrown (beyond maybe that 1d1) in vanilla. Detonations was 10d10 or something like that. Both killed you if you drank them (death was 5000 points of damage, detonations somewhat less).
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2013, 11:09   #123
Haladon
Rookie

Haladon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOD Town drunk View Post
I just realized something. The money mimics (i.e. Creeping Copper Coins, etc) have a tell with the no_selling flag on. Late game piles of adamantium coins with the no_selling flag on are typically about 6,000-8,000 coins, while without this flag on it will usually be under 2,000. As I play with this flag on, I've realized that every time I see a money mimic it's value will be entirely too small. Anybody else notice this?
This made me wondering about creeping adamantium/mithil coins + no_selling + wand of Clone monster. Starts an anband mint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
1d1, I don't know why it talks about damage with those and not others. The only potions that damage on hit are Flask of Oil(not really a potion) and potion of detonations/death(not in the game anymore.
I think those potion of blindness/poison/slowness etc. deal 3d4 damage. This puts them at par with the flask of oil which IIRC is 3x 1d4.
Haladon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2013, 09:28   #124
Nightmarjoo
Adept

Nightmarjoo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nightmarjoo Send a message via MSN to Nightmarjoo
Were the blackmarket prices dropped significantly? Drago The Fair sold me one of his four Rings of Resist Poison for 3550 when I had 7 CHR. Didn't those rings used to be worth 10-100x that value, and be incredibly rare? A stack of 4 of them at that price is just completely different than what I'd have expected at whatever version I last actively played. Did I miss some meta-change where res_pois stopped being game-changingly important?

Also, were hounds nerfed by a huge factor? I remember in the past packs of hounds ruining my day, but they seem to come in fewer numbers, breathe less frequently, and destroy my inventory less frequently when they do breathe. Am I imagining this?

Have potions of restore mana become less rare?

Thanks.

My second winner! http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=9369 Cailet, the Hobbit Mage!

Damned be those who use High Elves, for they are the race of the weak!
Nightmarjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2013, 17:24   #125
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Resist poison is still important, but it's not so rare any more, nor are the rings worth as much money. The old system just meant players who were worried about poison resist had to spend a long time scumming for a ring (or a lucky Elvenkind, etc.), which wasn't fun.

Hounds are less common and come in smaller groups. I don't think their stats were nerfed any, and inventory destruction rates are only dependent on the damage dealt, not the damage source.

Restore Mana does seem to be considerably more common than it used to be, yes.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2013, 09:17   #126
Haladon
Rookie

Haladon is on a distinguished road
I found a minor bug when trying to test the adamantite mint. Casting clone monster on creeping adamantite coins creates a clone. But the clone is in unrevealed mode. So one doesn't have to fight two hastened mimics together. Shouldn't the clone be created as revealed so that it starts fighting back?
Earned ~20000 in dlvl 25 with one wand.
Haladon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2013, 15:57   #127
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Good catch. There's lots of edge cases with mimics, but they're slowly getting towards where they behave properly.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2013, 20:19   #128
OOD Town drunk
Adept

OOD Town drunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladon View Post
I found a minor bug when trying to test the adamantite mint. Casting clone monster on creeping adamantite coins creates a clone. But the clone is in unrevealed mode. So one doesn't have to fight two hastened mimics together. Shouldn't the clone be created as revealed so that it starts fighting back?
Earned ~20000 in dlvl 25 with one wand.
that's fuckin awesome i'm anxious to try now. never did have much use for a wand of clone monster, til now
OOD Town drunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, questions, requests, suggestions, vanilla