Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 4, 2019, 07:44   #11
tangar
Knight

tangar is on a distinguished road
What can I say.. I fell in love with PWMAngband So far made two streams and more are comming. Also wrote a 1st impressions (if you've already have read them - check it again, I updated it) http://tangar.info/en/pwmangand-blog...gband-preview/

This game feels very unique.

Also I have a suggestion of such kind: the name. PWMAngband - impossible to remeber. My fellow subs mess it with PVMAngband & etc I get used to the name only after two years..

What about 'Angband Online'? Cause the game takes all awesome stuff from vanilla Angband and deserve this name! Make sense.

--

Yet another addition - to add auto-dumps on death. I wanted to post my tombs to oook, but can't find death dumps It seems they are not created
tangar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2019, 08:18   #12
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Death dumps are made on the server, that's why you don't see them. For MAngband, there's a script that gets them from server and adds them to the website. But for PWMAngband... I added a neat feature: when you die, log back to the game and choose your deceased character -- the game will give you multiple options, you can restart, restart with roman name increase (Char I, Char II... Char XVI), delete the character... or get a character dump. The last option is what you want: it tells the server to send a copy of the dump to the client and generates a file in /lib/user that you can use for the oook ladder.
Old January 4, 2019, 08:19   #13
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Just saw something from your stream... you can still modify your password from the character screen. Since now the password is fixed, there's no reason to keep that, as changing the password would prevent from loading the character the next time...
Old January 4, 2019, 09:50   #14
tangar
Knight

Some /rfes:

1) deceased character' option is cool, but still when you die - it's pretty often that you become sad and would just delete everything and later on you would regret it. So having auto-dump on every death is useful thing. maybe it could be turned on as option in config file?

2) add time to UI (now you need to push % to show it). As it's critical to avoid night, would be fun to have watch somewhere Even maybe make it like M&M (I've attached gif as eg.), but in ASCII way:
so sun could be 'O', which is 'o' and red at sunrise, then it moves around 'sky' (through 5-7 tiles).. Then moon appears yellow/white 'C' (moon) & etc. Would be pretty beautiful indicator

3) damm.. I wanted to write there something, but while I prepared previous idea - I forgot about it.. Would remember soon :P
---
remembered! Please allow to have less than 8 rows in terminal window!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
- Reduce the allowed minimum size of subterms to a quarter of the maximal
size (20x6)
This doesn't work atm, minimum isn't 6, but 8. Ideal would be remove limitation at all (I need 5 rows atm; but would like also experiment with 3).
Attached Images

Last edited by tangar; January 4, 2019 at 12:03.
Old January 4, 2019, 12:07   #15
tangar
Knight

Also kinda tiny 'bug' - levitation ring cost 50 g in compare to lantern which cost 500+ g Or is it 'feature'?

Also I wonder is it possible to make 'redrawing' when character moves - 'smoothier'. Because now there is a 'black square spot' appears on top right corner nearby to character when character moves.

---

also there is too loud sound when you come out of newbie dungeon at night.

Last edited by tangar; January 4, 2019 at 15:19.
Old January 4, 2019, 15:55   #16
tangar
Knight

/rfe

I. ignore setting
It would be fun to have a hotkey for 'ignore item'. Currently you need to push:
1) k
2) choose an item
3) c (ignore this item type)

It makes it impossible to macro this action (cause of #2)

It would be fun to have it like:
1) ctrl+k -> it asks 'ignore which item?'
2) you choose which item to ignore

II. ignore & destroy

add option which would make possible to do all following actions with one key:
- ignore item type (eg. all kind of magic books)
- destroy items of such kind in inventory

..because atm you need to ignore, then destroy.. to much buttons to push by lazy players

Or maybe it's possible to assign to ignore all kind of item type (eg books, corpses) in game options? I didn't find such option, would be great alternative.

III. in '=' -> 'k' (macroses)

1) most important - it would be fun to be able to adjust macro in 'Browse' macro menu. The way to make it - like it's done in 'auto-inscription' menu (&) in TomeNET. Actully this 'browse keymaps' menu could be main tool for macro assigning and if so - it would be even much more comfortable than macro system in TomeNET!
2) make 's' button to save macroses, not 'b'; 'l' for load
3) 'query' should be called 'test' (really confusing)

--
One more thing:
Ctrl+x - save & enter.. It's very bad place for such command in online game where if you quit accidentally - you would die. It's not critical thing, cause you could use macro to remove it from this place; but I suggest to move it somewhere else in next version too (if it's not too hard to do).

Last edited by tangar; January 4, 2019 at 16:42.
Old January 4, 2019, 16:54   #17
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangar View Post
Also kinda tiny 'bug' - levitation ring cost 50 g in compare to lantern which cost 500+ g Or is it 'feature'?
Which of those do you, the player, value more highly?
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2019, 16:56   #18
tangar
Knight

Derakon, ring which makes you fly or simple lantern? Flying in Middle-Earth isn't so common thing I suppose

*Remembering old Tolkien's dispute: Frodo & eagles* %)
Old January 4, 2019, 17:34   #19
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangar View Post
Derakon, ring which makes you fly or simple lantern? Flying in Middle-Earth isn't so common thing I suppose

*Remembering old Tolkien's dispute: Frodo & eagles* %)
Ring that makes you fly (hover, really) is pretty useless to adventurers going underground. Brass lanterns are very important! The shopkeepers know what you want and are perfectly willing to gouge you for it.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2019, 17:43   #20
clouded
Adept

clouded is on a distinguished road
* Is there really no fire-till-kill mode? Makes playing mages and ranged chars a huge amount less enjoyable.
* hjklyubn does not work when using the look command or while targeting, maybe elsewhere too.
* I cannot put a keymap on `, this is quite a big deal because it is my phase key. It's near both numrow and f-keys so it is a key I assume other people would want to use.
* Can't believe you haven't imported ToME's ability to use @Phase etc, not having that makes the whole keymap system far far worse and highly increases the likelyhood of mistakes, is there even a way to auto inscribe?
* I would like to be able to turn off the game speed slowing when hurt, it is extremely jarring.

I know you've spent a huge amount of time keeping this updated with Vanilla, but I'm a little baffled that there are some very core TomeNet features neglected (like FTK, @keymaps)
clouded is offline   Reply With Quote