AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 14, 2015, 20:52   #131
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
Some very very old and not up to date spoilers.

https://code.google.com/p/chengband/...KnightSpoilers
Those spoilers are too old to apply. Try this spreadsheet instead.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2015, 15:31   #132
budswell
Adept

budswell is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the spreadsheet, I'm a couple of characters past the rune knight now (they never last - commitment issues I reckon).

Anyway a question about (I)nspecting an item.
I just picked up a dagger, not identified or even psudeo id'd. But when I inspect the dagger it tells me info such that it is frosty, can be activated, and is perfectly balanced for throwing.
Is that correct? I guess it kind of makes sense in that if a wielded it and pressed (A)ctivate then it would come up as an option, but it does feel a bit that I now know something that I technically shouldn't.

Edit: Screenshot here (its a bit wide):
http://i.minus.com/iQlBAB9SLlv7X.png

I normally never (I)nspect un-id'd stuff. but just wanted to see if it could be wielded while riding (my last character was my first ever ninja so I'm still a little dagger obsessed at the moment.... How awesome are ninjas?!?! Great melee, missile, and awsome utility spells. This one will be a struggle in comparison).
budswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2015, 17:35   #133
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by budswell View Post
Thanks for the spreadsheet, I'm a couple of characters past the rune knight now (they never last - commitment issues I reckon).

Anyway a question about (I)nspecting an item.
I just picked up a dagger, not identified or even psudeo id'd. But when I inspect the dagger it tells me info such that it is frosty, can be activated, and is perfectly balanced for throwing.
Is that correct? I guess it kind of makes sense in that if a wielded it and pressed (A)ctivate then it would come up as an option, but it does feel a bit that I now know something that I technically shouldn't.

Edit: Screenshot here (its a bit wide):
http://i.minus.com/iQlBAB9SLlv7X.png

I normally never (I)nspect un-id'd stuff. but just wanted to see if it could be wielded while riding (my last character was my first ever ninja so I'm still a little dagger obsessed at the moment.... How awesome are ninjas?!?! Great melee, missile, and awsome utility spells. This one will be a struggle in comparison).
Thanks ... That's probably too much info for an unidentified object (which you can actually tell is an artifact). Displaying the k_info description for un-identified objects is appropriate ('Daggers are sharp, pointy objects used to stick things.'). Anything more (a_info description or activation) is a bug which I'll fix for next release.
Old May 6, 2015, 16:56   #134
budswell
Adept

budswell is on a distinguished road
Hi, I have a question about items of warning.

I get that when they pulse its telling me theirs either a trap or I'm moving closer to something I should really be running from.

But some time is glows colours. It has glowed white in town a couple of times. And just had one glow pink in the orc caves. What do these various glowing colours mean?

Thanks
budswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2015, 19:00   #135
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by budswell View Post
Hi, I have a question about items of warning.

I get that when they pulse its telling me theirs either a trap or I'm moving closer to something I should really be running from.

But some time is glows colours. It has glowed white in town a couple of times. And just had one glow pink in the orc caves. What do these various glowing colours mean?

Thanks
Those mean a unique was generated ... the different colors correspond in some (non-obvious) way with the power of the unique. White in town will mean Farmer Maggot or Lion Heart.

Aside: I'm losing my internet access in a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to keep up with questions and such as much as I'd like (though I haven't been doing well with that anyway lately)!
Old May 9, 2015, 18:32   #136
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
How are multiple blows calculated in poschengband? I just switched from a 8.0 lb Short sword to a 10.0 lb Ninjato expecting my no. of blows to go down for the heavier weapon. Instead it went up from 1.9 to 2.1. Neither are egos, I'm beginner in the short sword, unskilled in the Ninjato, STR 18/30, DEX 18, draconian warrior-mage.

Edit: Is this just the fact I can double-hand the Ninjato? where the short sword is a 1-hnder
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2015, 16:54   #137
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
How are multiple blows calculated in poschengband? I just switched from a 8.0 lb Short sword to a 10.0 lb Ninjato expecting my no. of blows to go down for the heavier weapon. Instead it went up from 1.9 to 2.1. Neither are egos, I'm beginner in the short sword, unskilled in the Ninjato, STR 18/30, DEX 18, draconian warrior-mage.

Edit: Is this just the fact I can double-hand the Ninjato? where the short sword is a 1-hnder
Short answer: Yes, wielding two-handed can increase the number of blows.

Long answer: Calculating number of blows is complicated (see calculate_base_blows). Just keep in mind that strength and dex help, and that lighter weapons usually get more blows as well. Also, two-handed wielding increases the strength aspect of the calculation.
Old May 10, 2015, 17:23   #138
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
More bugs:
Female Mimic characters...sex does not return back to female when you Stop Mimicking monsters!!

And Mimics start the game with "zero" mana. e.g. my Mighty Mimic, "Cherish 94" started the game with 0/12 mana.

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; May 10, 2015 at 17:37.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2015, 18:39   #139
krazyhades
Swordsman

krazyhades is on a distinguished road
I've been hanging around in a roguelike thread on another site and getting some folks into PosChengband. It's generally well-liked, but a few people have had serious serious trouble getting a Ring going. I tried it myself, and I think there's something wrong. It's been damn near impossible to get picked up by anybody...they all see you as you really are. Even blubbering idiots.

I recall when Rings were first released that one could easily tempt a townsperson or novice archer or whatever into picking you up. This is certainly not true right now. It is nearly impossible to find a first bearer. What happened? It's frustrating.

Last edited by krazyhades; May 10, 2015 at 19:26.
krazyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2015, 19:34   #140
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Hmm...I don't think Rings have changed much. Now that I have a bit more time, I'll test a new one for 3.4.4 later