Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2010, 02:27   #11
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,024
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Have you considered hiding the player's stats, money, experience, etc? That would let you reclaim some columns for dungeon display, and that information doesn't need to be referred to often.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2010, 21:45   #12
AngelicPenguin
Scout
 
AngelicPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 49
AngelicPenguin is on a distinguished road
Awesome update!

Are there any plans to add the above mentioned macro buttons? I found with the NDS port, I could play the game by hardly using the keyboard at all with those buttons.
AngelicPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 16:36   #13
retrobits
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
retrobits is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Awesome update!
Have you considered hiding the player's stats, money, experience, etc? That would let you reclaim some columns for dungeon display, and that information doesn't need to be referred to often.
Good idea. Currently in this Android port you can size the font appropriately and slide the sceen to the right a bit to hide the stats display -- maybe I could automate this somewhat, but stores would be a problem. It would be really nice if the Angband code would support more of a customized screen layout, but if it does I've not seen it. Also I'm hesitant to do major surgery on the base code.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicPenguin View Post
Awesome update!

Are there any plans to add the above mentioned macro buttons? I found with the NDS port, I could play the game by hardly using the keyboard at all with those buttons.
I haven't played the NDS port yet, but I will give it a try and see what I can bring over to Android.


Thanks for the input.

Last edited by retrobits; November 19, 2010 at 20:30.
retrobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 23:06   #14
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,401
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
It would be really nice if the Angband code would support more of a customized screen layout, but if it does I've not seen it.
FA has an option for having the status at the bottom of the screen; Un allows you to put it in a separate window.

Quote:
Also I'm hesitant to do major surgery on the base code.
If you find a good solution, it's likely to end up in the base code.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2010, 16:19   #15
Zababa
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 40
Posts: 99
Zababa is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Good work with adding the virtual keyboard. Now I can finally play Angband on my Galaxy S. That was not possible some weeks ago when I first tried it.
Zababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2010, 22:27   #16
rdermyer
Apprentice
 
rdermyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 79
rdermyer is on a distinguished road
Lucky. We just have nethack/rogue on ipod touch/phone. The use a "gesture" system where you swipe your finger to do the commands, but I like the virtual keyboard. It's confusing, and I have to learn a new game and new commands. I'd rather just learn new commands.
rdermyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2010, 06:19   #17
s0be
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 96
s0be is on a distinguished road
Silly response here... I went to install Angband on my android, and at the security screen it warned of needing internet access. What do you use that for? It doesn't seem like angband should require it.
s0be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2010, 16:45   #18
rdermyer
Apprentice
 
rdermyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 79
rdermyer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
3) Transparent keyboard overlaying the whole landscape fullscreen.
I had just thought of this one and then noticed that I was not the first. Oh well, it's a really good idea, and I think one of the most feasible, screen-real-estate-wise and keyboard-use-wise
rdermyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2010, 14:51   #19
retrobits
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
retrobits is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0be View Post
Silly response here... I went to install Angband on my android, and at the security screen it warned of needing internet access. What do you use that for? It doesn't seem like angband should require it.
The angband core does not require internet access. We use the internet in the android app to gather stats about usage, os and hardware versions, and error reports. The purpose is to help us make the app better by getting the most feedback possible. We use the Flurry Analytics service to gather this data. The app is open source, so all the details of how we use the internet is visible in the code at our project page http://code.google.com/p/angdroid/
retrobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2010, 14:52   #20
retrobits
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
retrobits is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdermyer View Post
I had just thought of this one and then noticed that I was not the first. Oh well, it's a really good idea, and I think one of the most feasible, screen-real-estate-wise and keyboard-use-wise
yeah, I think it could work well. David is experimenting with this one, as he has a Nexus S.
retrobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.