Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Competition

Old August 7, 2013, 03:50   #21
DaviddesJ
Swordsman

DaviddesJ is on a distinguished road
Thanks! The step-by-step method worked, except that I had to do step 8 before step 5 so that the compiler could find the X libraries. Now trying to figure out the game!
DaviddesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2013, 21:55   #22
DaviddesJ
Swordsman

I'm having trouble getting the debug/wizard-mode commands to work in Poschengband. Is there a trick to that?
Old August 9, 2013, 22:43   #23
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I'm having trouble getting the debug/wizard-mode commands to work in Poschengband. Is there a trick to that?
I don't ship PosChengband with Wizard/Debug commands enabled. If you really want these, you will need to do one of two things:

[1] Recompile with _DEBUG defined. Find the CFLAGS line you are using in makefile.linux and add a switch like:
Code:
-D"_DEBUG"
[2] Alternatively, open up z-config.h and search for where ALLOW_WIZARD is #defined. Remove the #ifdef _DEBUG check a couple lines up as well as the matching #endif. Recompile.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2013, 00:15   #24
DaviddesJ
Swordsman

Thanks! I tried something similar but not quite that. Will give it a shot.
Old August 10, 2013, 22:17   #25
DaviddesJ
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
[2] Alternatively, open up z-config.h and search for where ALLOW_WIZARD is #defined. Remove the #ifdef _DEBUG check a couple lines up as well as the matching #endif. Recompile.
This didn't work, because it enables code that tries to call other debug code that isn't enabled. But the first approach looks ok (so far). Thanks!
Old August 23, 2013, 15:14   #26
ShadowTechnology
Apprentice

ShadowTechnology is on a distinguished road
Multiple weapons and digging questions

I'm new to PosChengBand.

Is there a way for me to see how many attacks per round I'm getting with a melee weapon (wielded or carried)?

If I wield two weapons (or more, depending on number of hands...), do they all act independantly with full number of attacks, or is one primary and the other(s) secondary with some sort of penalty?

If I "Tunnel" while wielding two weapons does the game select the best digger, or apply both, or...? And what if one of them is an official digging tool like a pick - does it matter if it's in the (a) or (b) slot?

It might be worth spending some time mining gold with an uber-digger in each hand!

Thanks.
ShadowTechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2013, 15:32   #27
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTechnology View Post
Is there a way for me to see how many attacks per round I'm getting with a melee weapon (wielded or carried)?
Press 'C' to view character sheet, then 'w' for weapon information.

Quote:
If I wield two weapons (or more, depending on number of hands...), do they all act independantly with full number of attacks, or is one primary and the other(s) secondary with some sort of penalty?
Normally the player only has a single pair of arms, which means they can wield one weapon, or two. Wielding two weapons (aka dual wielding) is a skill which is difficult to master (i.e. you incur a penalty applied to both weapons). It requires practice to train both your dual wielding skill (Press '~' then 'e') and your skill in the individual weapon you are wielding (Press '~' then 'c'). You can gauge your effectiveness with dual wielding by viewing the weapon info screen (Press '~' then 'w' -OR- press 'C' then 'w'), which is also included in your character dump.

However, a couple of monster races offer the player multiple pairs of arms, either two pairs (Xorn and Xaren) or three pairs (Marilith). Each *pair* of arms functions independently as described in the preceding paragraph, so the player can choose to single wield or dual wield independently for each pair of arms. Use the weapon info screen to decide which is best. Also, additional pairs of arms are less effective then the primary pair: You get less max blows and are less accurate as well.

Quote:
If I "Tunnel" while wielding two weapons does the game select the best digger, or apply both, or...? And what if one of them is an official digging tool like a pick - does it matter if it's in the (a) or (b) slot?
It doesn't matter, at least when using shovels. In fact, two shovels will dig better than just one, but one should be enough and the advantage of using two won't be large enough to make a noticeable difference IMO.

Good Luck!
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2013, 01:38   #28
ShadowTechnology
Apprentice

ShadowTechnology is on a distinguished road
Thanks, very helpful info.
ShadowTechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2013, 12:10   #29
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Is there a reason why all you folks who are contributing to the flood of Possessor chardumps aren't uploading them to the comp ladder? I just took a brief look, but it looks like at least one of the winners would be 1st place atm...

Just sayin
Old August 26, 2013, 12:22   #30
Arjen
Adept

Arjen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Is there a reason why all you folks who are contributing to the flood of Possessor chardumps aren't uploading them to the comp ladder? I just took a brief look, but it looks like at least one of the winners would be 1st place atm...

Just sayin
I didn't because the possessor is a newer version so I thought it doesn't belong on it
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote