Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Idle chatter

Old June 22, 2012, 04:24   #1
RogerN
Swordsman

RogerN is on a distinguished road
Torchlight

With Torchlight 2 just around the corner, it just so happens that I have two extra copies of Torchlight sitting around. I gave friends & family first dibs but there were no takers, so send me a private message w/ your e-mail address and I can gift it to you via Steam.

Torchlight is a Diablo-esque action RPG that ought to feel familiar to most Angbanders. It's basically a dungeon crawl from the town level straight down to the big baddie at the end, with loot and monsters galore. Levels are procedurally generated.

For extra Angbandiness try playing through Ironman style: Very Hard difficulty, Hardcore mode (i.e. permadeath), and no returning to the town until the main quest is finished. That last requirement is not a built-in gameplay option, so you're on the honor system there.
RogerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012, 06:03   #2
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Torchlight is fun enough, but very shallow gameplay-wise; there's not a lot of depth to building your character. Vanquishers (the archer class) can pretty much stick to Ricochet and/or Exploding Arrow for everything they meet, for example.

Playing with permadeath would make certain late-game enemies rather aggravating, since the devs didn't properly tune the damage they can do...
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012, 23:56   #3
RogerN
Swordsman

RogerN is on a distinguished road
One copy is now spoken for, and there's still one available. Man, I didn't think giving away free games would take so long. If I'd posted this on the Steam forums it probably would've taken 5 minutes or less
RogerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2012, 02:14   #4
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN View Post
One copy is now spoken for, and there's still one available. Man, I didn't think giving away free games would take so long. If I'd posted this on the Steam forums it probably would've taken 5 minutes or less
I'd get in line but, I already have enough games lying around still in the wrapper. AAMOF, I've probably more new unopened games for the PS3 than I have that I've actually played. I must finally be growing up ;(.