Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old February 5, 2009, 00:50   #1
Colbey
Apprentice

Colbey is on a distinguished road
removing heavy curse bug -- not fixed?

So I was playing r1099 and was lucky enough to find Calris. I enchanted it up to +8 and removed the curse. But luckily, before I put it on, I remembered that there was some issue with removing heavy curses. So I backed up my savefile, then put on Calris, and as I remembered, it was still cursed.

But I upgraded to the latest nightly (r1225), and had the same problem. Even enchanting Calris up to +10 and then putting it on makes me feel deathly cold. It still has {uncursed} autoinscribed.

Is this bug still not fixed? Or is it fixed, and I just have a broken impossible savefile, with Calris in some sort of suspended animation half-fixed state? And if that's the case, does anyone out here have tools to fix my savefile?
Colbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2009, 08:13   #2
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbey View Post
So I was playing r1099 and was lucky enough to find Calris. I enchanted it up to +8 and removed the curse. But luckily, before I put it on, I remembered that there was some issue with removing heavy curses. So I backed up my savefile, then put on Calris, and as I remembered, it was still cursed.

But I upgraded to the latest nightly (r1225), and had the same problem. Even enchanting Calris up to +10 and then putting it on makes me feel deathly cold. It still has {uncursed} autoinscribed.

Is this bug still not fixed? Or is it fixed, and I just have a broken impossible savefile, with Calris in some sort of suspended animation half-fixed state? And if that's the case, does anyone out here have tools to fix my savefile?
Send it me (takkaira@gmail.com) and I'll see what I can do. I'll also look into the bug again.
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2009, 01:50   #3
Colbey
Apprentice

Takkaria, were you able to figure out anything with my savefile? Or did you at least get my email from last week? Thanks again...
Old February 12, 2009, 02:28   #4
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Takkaria, were you able to figure out anything with my savefile? Or did you at least get my email from last week? Thanks again...
Did you send it where he asked, to takkaira@gmail.com ?
That might possibly be correct, but I would guess there is a typo.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2009, 11:44   #5
takkaria
Veteran

Quote:
Hi, I got the email, I just haven't done anything with it yet. I've got to fix whatever the bug on Windows is relating to savefiles first, then I'll sort out your savefile.
Old February 12, 2009, 14:33   #6
takkaria
Veteran

Quote:
*Remove Curse* should, in r1264, work again. There's a new autobuild with this and the savefile fix out.
Old February 13, 2009, 01:41   #7
Colbey
Apprentice

Fix verified. (I didn't look for or try the savefile fix, but I was able to redeem my savefile with my half-uncursed Calris by further enchanting it.)

Thanks for your help! Sorry to bug you about it.