Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old August 24, 2009, 01:40   #1
miyazaki
Adept

miyazaki is on a distinguished road
Ironman Q & A

Since my first time defeating Morgoth, I have switched to ironman, which is ridiculously difficult but totally fun. I was playing dwarf paladins for a few weeks but couldn't even make it to dlvl 30, so I switched over to HE rangers. It is definitely easier...

My current character: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=9277

I heard that light sources & food drops are increased in ironman, and wondering if anything else was? I think that magic/prayer books should be more common. I couldn't buy MB3 before I left town and desperately need it right now. Any suggestions?

Ammo, as well, is extremely scarce. I don't explore the entire levels--it would be death to try, but I have barely seen any with my rods of treasure detection.
miyazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2009, 02:23   #2
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyazaki View Post
I couldn't buy MB3 before I left town and desperately need it right now. Any suggestions?

Ammo, as well, is extremely scarce. I don't explore the entire levels--it would be death to try, but I have barely seen any with my rods of treasure detection.
Next game, find a way to buy MB2 and MB3 somehow. Do rangers still start with a longbow? Sell it if they do. Alternatively, scum for Maggot before you descend. I think my ironman priests tended to find their first PB3 in the dungeon around DL35 to DL 45. Or maybe just carry a stack of food so you can buy 2 copies of MB1 and MB2. Is MB3 really that useful?

Ammo is scarce. You'll need to rely on melee and spells for a long time. It might be smart to sell your starting bow [if you have one] to buy as much ammo as possible, and carry it until you find a launcher to use it. Maybe even bolts and shots. I'm not suggesting that, but keep it in the back of your mind in case it turns out to be a good idea.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote