Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2009, 11:50   #1
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
Possible bug in latest version

I've got a defender equipped which appears to have been identified, but in the shift+c then h character screen it has question marks for most of the fields. I still can't identify it though.

By the way, how to you find the number for the version you're currently using?
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2009, 14:19   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
I've got a defender equipped which appears to have been identified, but in the shift+c then h character screen it has question marks for most of the fields. I still can't identify it though.
Defenders have a LOT of attributes. It won't fully ID until every last one has been noted - including slow digestion, feather fall, etc. etc. If you're still convinced it's a bug, please post a savefile.
Quote:
By the way, how to you find the number for the version you're currently using?
Good question. I'll get back to you on that. I thought it was supposed to appear in dumps, but they just say 3.1.2dev.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2009, 15:19   #3
NeoWizard
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec
Posts: 102
NeoWizard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post

By the way, how to you find the number for the version you're currently using?
press shift+v
__________________
NeoWizard
-. . --- .-- .. --.. .- .-. -..

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Olny 55% of plepoe can. mtat
NeoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2009, 18:37   #4
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
press shift+v
Ah right thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Defenders have a LOT of attributes. It won't fully ID until every last one has been noted - including slow digestion, feather fall, etc. etc. If you're still convinced it's a bug, please post a savefile.Good question. I'll get back to you on that. I thought it was supposed to appear in dumps, but they just say 3.1.2dev.
Actually it is happening after it has been identified by the game as a defender and it won't let me use a scroll of id on it, but it is still missing a lot of the fields and only gets them as I discover by use.

In fact it seems to be the case with a few of my items. I'll post a savefile when I get back onto my main PC.
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2009, 19:58   #5
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
I've got the offending save here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Inventory_bug_.zip (12.3 KB, 165 views)
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2009, 20:47   #6
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
I've got the offending save here.
Ok, you have not IDd the Feather Fall attribute. The bug is in not letting you use a scroll on it - it should still be saying "You do not know the full extent of this item's powers". I'll have a look and see if FEATHER is special-cased in identify.c

EDIT: I've spent a while trying to reproduce this. I think I've found a bug with ID-by-use of See Invisible, but I can't reproduce this one ...

Last edited by Magnate; November 29, 2009 at 21:26.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2009, 20:55   #7
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Ok, you have not IDd the Feather Fall attribute. The bug is in not letting you use a scroll on it - it should still be saying "You do not know the full extent of this item's powers". I'll have a look and see if FEATHER is special-cased in identify.c
It recognised it was a defender much earlier, I've just discovered all the other fields since then by use. Probably never found feather falling because I always detect traps. I had the same problem with a cloak of stealth that I threw away earlier.

It seems to recognise the ego type sometimes, but not reveal all its powers. Perhaps after I've seen the same ego in stores?

On a completely different subject, how do I put a character on the ladder and then paste the contents in here? I've tried a search, but no luck as yet.
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2009, 21:26   #8
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
On a completely different subject, how do I put a character on the ladder and then paste the contents in here? I've tried a search, but no luck as yet.
Why would you want to do that? Just post a link to the ladder record!
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2009, 21:44   #9
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Why would you want to do that? Just post a link to the ladder record!
Dunno I thought that is what people did. How do I dump the character and add it to the ladder?
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2009, 21:54   #10
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
OT signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWizard View Post
------
aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Olny 55% of plepoe can.
Really? I can read that just fine, and I'm not even native English reader. I bet that number is higher than 55%.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I re-compiled the latest PosBand for Windows pampl Variants 37 December 5, 2014 22:43
Fear Bug In Dev Version LordArcher Vanilla 2 November 30, 2008 20:04
Where to get latest 309e(ef) source? awldune Vanilla 1 October 17, 2008 18:04
Thoughts on the latest version Conker Vanilla 0 October 11, 2008 00:04
Sangband - questions about latest offical/unofficial version NotMorgoth Variants 11 September 27, 2008 10:23


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.