Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2009, 17:35   #1
Psi
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 870
Psi is on a distinguished road
r1806 - crash bug

Playing r1806 with randarts on Vista.

Attempting to activate the phial occasionally crashes the game. I have had this happen four times now. Each time reloading takes me back to the start of the level.

I then started saving before activating. However on reload the crash did not happen - (infact I failed to activate).
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2009, 19:43   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
The bug is in the lite_room code. It's been reported as ticket #1022. We haven't traced it yet - seems like it was introduced quite recently (since ~r1780 or so).
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2009, 20:27   #3
miyazaki
Adept
 
miyazaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 227
miyazaki is on a distinguished road
I am playing v1802 on Vista with randarts and I haven't seen this at all. I will try to use my phial more to see if I can make it crash!
miyazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2009, 08:29   #4
Psi
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 870
Psi is on a distinguished road
I haven't had this crash since starting a new game - perhaps it was somehow related to the prev game being started on an earlier nightly build? I'm still saving before illuminating for now though.

Some more bugs I've encountered in this build...

- I have had a crash when I tried to open a door. Of course it worked when I reloaded.

- Items in quiver do not display in char dumps

- Items in quiver do not seem to pseudo

- autofire ('h' command) appears to target correctly even when confused
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2009, 18:37   #5
Psi
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 870
Psi is on a distinguished road
Another quiver bug...

I had two stacks of average ammo - one inscribed {f0}, two stacks of good ammo and one stack of ego ammo. After a big fight I was picking up my ammo and it seemed there was some confusion between my two average stacks and the inscription. Anyway the outcome was that my good and ego stacks just vanished and all I was left with was the average ammo. Nasty.

It may have been the case that on retrieving the bolts, one stack gathered in my inventory and one in my quiver (both may have become inscribed {f0} by then). I then wielded the inv stack and when I checked all my decent ammo had gone.

btw what is the max amount of ammo in the quiver?
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2009, 19:20   #6
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Another quiver bug...

I had two stacks of average ammo - one inscribed {f0}, two stacks of good ammo and one stack of ego ammo. After a big fight I was picking up my ammo and it seemed there was some confusion between my two average stacks and the inscription. Anyway the outcome was that my good and ego stacks just vanished and all I was left with was the average ammo. Nasty.

It may have been the case that on retrieving the bolts, one stack gathered in my inventory and one in my quiver (both may have become inscribed {f0} by then). I then wielded the inv stack and when I checked all my decent ammo had gone.

btw what is the max amount of ammo in the quiver?
Sorry about that!

The quiver has 10 slots (0-9) and each slot can hold a stack of up to 99 missiles.

I will try to replicate this... so far I haven't seen ammo vanish. Was all the ammo identified? Which kind(s) of ammo did you fire?
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2009, 20:00   #7
Psi
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 870
Psi is on a distinguished road
I used a stack of average bolts and then it started firing my bolts of venom before I realised and started firing a few of my good bolts instead. All of this ammo was identified. As I wandered over my ammo to pick it up I repeatedly noticed an odd message about 'worn' ammo accumulating in my inventory (I expected it to to my quiver). At this point I wielded it again and then checked my quiver to see what I had. This was when I realised that both stacks of good and one stack of ego had gone. There should have been roughly 60-70 bolts.

I have tried shooting when confused (unintentionally) again and still have no problems hitting everything.

Regarding the lighting bug I've realised that this was on WinXP. I play the game off a USB stick and the illumination works on Vista but crashes frequently on XP.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2009, 21:49   #8
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
OK, as of r1810 the lighting bug should be fixed. Since I'm at work I haven't been able to do any serious work on the other issues.

Please let me know if you can confirm the fix, or if you are able to reproduce the bug on r1810.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2009, 06:37   #9
Psi
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 870
Psi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
OK, as of r1810 the lighting bug should be fixed. Since I'm at work I haven't been able to do any serious work on the other issues.

Please let me know if you can confirm the fix, or if you are able to reproduce the bug on r1810.
Just downloaded r1811. Tried to open my savefile from dead char but get:

Assertion failed!
File: savefile.c
Line: 123

Expression: buffer_pos < buffer_size

Tried creating new char using same savefile in r1806 and then loading that into r1811, but still fails.

New chars created and saved in r1811 will load.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2009, 07:20   #10
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Just downloaded r1811. Tried to open my savefile from dead char but get:

Assertion failed!
File: savefile.c
Line: 123

Expression: buffer_pos < buffer_size

Tried creating new char using same savefile in r1806 and then loading that into r1811, but still fails.

New chars created and saved in r1811 will load.
That's my fault, and not related to d_m's fix at all. I broke savefiles in r1807 when changing the artifact structure. Sorry.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
frustrating crash bug will_asher Development 59 January 22, 2011 06:26
Crash in V 3.1.1 v1626 miyazaki Vanilla 4 October 28, 2009 18:14
r1580 crash bug Zikke Development 6 August 5, 2009 07:25
[FA] Crash Bug Zikke Variants 8 February 19, 2009 04:20
r1264 bug: crash at prompt (Windows) Colbey Vanilla 11 February 13, 2009 16:39


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.