Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2010, 07:49   #1
miyazaki
Adept
 
miyazaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 43
Posts: 227
miyazaki is on a distinguished road
A couple of small bugs in V 3.1.2

Just a couple of bugs I have noticed while playing the recent release:

My INT was drained and I "forgot" three spells (they turned yellow in my books) but I could still cast them. Lesser recharging, if it makes a difference.

A long bow of extra might in the BM showed (x3) instead of (x4).

I couldn't equip a weapon off the floor when I was blind (WAD?).
miyazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2010, 04:41   #2
miyazaki
Adept
 
miyazaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 43
Posts: 227
miyazaki is on a distinguished road
I am standing beside a small chest and press 's' to search and get the message "You can't make out your surroundings well enough to search."

Ah, never mind--I have an amulet of searching (-5) on. This is a first for me. Pretty cool.
miyazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2010, 15:03   #3
Philip
Knight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague,Czech Republic
Posts: 893
Philip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyazaki View Post

A long bow of extra might in the BM showed (x3) instead of (x4).
I found this too. It happens in the weapons store as well.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2010, 03:18   #4
Marble Dice
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Columbia, MO. USA
Posts: 405
Marble Dice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyazaki View Post
My INT was drained and I "forgot" three spells (they turned yellow in my books) but I could still cast them. Lesser recharging, if it makes a difference.

A long bow of extra might in the BM showed (x3) instead of (x4).
Both of these are fixed in r1956. Previously, you could cast forgotten spells, but not browse them, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyazaki View Post
I couldn't equip a weapon off the floor when I was blind (WAD?).
That is close enough to "as designed" for my blood, I think.
Marble Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2010, 14:34   #5
Siggesigge
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 29
Siggesigge is on a distinguished road
Also, a couple of small bugs which I stumbled upon:

The first one was when I was inspecting a dagger of extra attacks (+2) in the weapons store. The description said something along the lines of "You will get 4 blows using this weapon. With an additional 0 strength and 0 dex you would get 6 blows" which was pretty weird. Unfortunately I can't remember the specific circumstances and haven't been able to reproduce it, I should have kept the save file. I do know I was wearing a weapon that was increasing my strength at the time though.

The second one might not be a bug, but I found it pretty weird anyway. I drank an un-id'd potion off the floor and got a direction prompt. I canceled and the potion stayed un-id'd and nothing happened. It might not be a bug, but it left me a bit confused. I think a more consistent behavior would be to consume the potion and id it, since it's pretty clear at that point that it's a potion of Dragon's Breath, if I haven't missed any other potions which need targeting?

[edit] Fixed some silly spelling mistakes. [/edit]

Last edited by Siggesigge; March 13, 2010 at 04:25.
Siggesigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2010, 21:00   #6
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggesigge View Post
Also, a couple of small bugs which I stumbled upon:

The first one was when I was inspecting a dagger of extra attacks (+2) in the weapons store. The description said something along the lines of "You will get 4 blows using this weapon. With an additional 0 strength and 0 dex you would get 6 blows" which was pretty weird. Unfortunately I can't remember the specific circumstances and haven't been able to reproduce it, I should have kept the save file. I do know I was wearing a weapon that was increasing my strength at the time though.

The second one might not be a bug, but I found it pretty weird anyway. I drank an un-id'd potion of the floor and got a direction prompt. I canceled and the potion stayed un-id'd and nothing happened. It might not be a bug, but it left me a bit confused. I think a more consistent behavior would be to consume the potion and id it, since it's pretty clear at that point that it's a potion of Dragon's Breath, if I haven't missed any other potions which need targeting?
Clearly we need more potions that take a direction prompt.

On your first one, I've fixed squillions of bugs in that piece of code but there could always be one more. If you can reproduce it, pls attach a savefile.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2010, 22:32   #7
SaThaRiel
Adept
 
SaThaRiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 173
SaThaRiel is on a distinguished road
Well, yesterday i stumbled across two rings - un-ided and i wasn't too deep (as usual). So i choose to sell them because i couldnt afford a scroll of identify and the rng usually dont like me at all.
After i sold the first ring it was identified as a ring of search (-3) {cursed} - 28 gold for nothing is good...but since i wanted to sell other stuff too, i pressed s and saw that the other ring was identified as a ring of searching (which was ok...same type of ring) but it had a (-2), was cursed too and it appeared in the sell list! The shopkeeper took it, payed the 28 gold (as for the unidentified) and howled in agony. 56 gold for crap is nice but i think that this behaviour wasnt planned
Game version is 1953, maybe the bug is fixed already. Was too busy/lazy to report it before.

Edit: Oh, and i think a read an un-ided scroll which asked me for a direction. Sadly i had this 2 events while using some free minutes at work. So i can't recall them exactly.

Last edited by SaThaRiel; March 12, 2010 at 22:41.
SaThaRiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2010, 22:39   #8
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaThaRiel View Post
Well, yesterday i stumbled across two rings - un-ided and i wasn't too deep (as usual). So i choose to sell them because i couldnt afford a scroll of identify and the rng usually dont like me at all.
After i sold the first ring it was identified as a ring of search (-3) {cursed} - 28 gold for nothing is good...but since i wanted to sell other stuff too, i pressed s and saw that the other ring was identified as a ring of searching (which was ok...same type of ring) but it had a (-2), was cursed too and it appeared in the sell list! The shopkeeper took it, payed the 28 gold (as for the unidentified) and howled in agony. 56 gold for crap is nice but i think that this behaviour wasnt planned
Game version is 1953, maybe the bug is fixed already. Was too busy/lazy to report it before.
This is a display bug. When you are aware of the flavor, you see the pval even though you haven't learned the pval yet.

In the glorious *band universe, when you don't know the pval the shopkeeper does not either. The display bug cropped up pretty recently. I was hoping it was bitflag related and would go away when some other bitflag bug got fixed, but I guess I should volunteer to track it down sooner rather than later.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2010, 23:07   #9
Marble Dice
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Columbia, MO. USA
Posts: 405
Marble Dice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
This is a display bug. When you are aware of the flavor, you see the pval even though you haven't learned the pval yet.

In the glorious *band universe, when you don't know the pval the shopkeeper does not either. The display bug cropped up pretty recently. I was hoping it was bitflag related and would go away when some other bitflag bug got fixed, but I guess I should volunteer to track it down sooner rather than later.
There's a somewhat related ticket http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1068

Some time ago I was planning on introducing an IDENT_PVAL flag, which I think would resolve that ticket and this situation, but I never got around to it. If you want to step up and take care of it one way or another, more power to you.
Marble Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2010, 01:36   #10
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble Dice View Post
There's a somewhat related ticket http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1068

Some time ago I was planning on introducing an IDENT_PVAL flag, which I think would resolve that ticket and this situation, but I never got around to it. If you want to step up and take care of it one way or another, more power to you.
I think the code is currently set up so that "knowing" a flag with a pval means you know what is affected, but not by how much. The alternative is not to "know" the flag until you know the pval. It is not clear to me what is right.

For now, I propose that the pval is considered visible when the item is wielded. This is not ideal, but the only iffy thing at the moment is the pval for searching. I'm pretty sure all other pvals have been traditionally obvious on wield. If you accept this premise, then I think the solution is to add a check for object_was_worn in object_pval_is_visible.

I've made the change in my code. Let me playtest a while and see if any unintended consequences arise.

As to the open ticket, it appears that I used a double negative instead of a triple negative somewhere, possibly because of confusion about what flags mean as above. I'll look into that.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
small glitches on rephial.org fph Vanilla 2 February 2, 2010 18:28
A couple of minor bugs in 3.1.1.1626 bron Vanilla 11 January 4, 2010 22:40
Build 1626 - Small error Bad Tempered Geezer Vanilla 0 August 22, 2009 23:20
Couple of questions rdermyer Vanilla 7 October 28, 2008 06:41
Small Levels bonzo Variants 7 February 29, 2008 20:50


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.