Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2010, 10:46   #1
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,343
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
NPP sdl

For those who want to play the new NPP in linux and love the SDL port, here is what you need. Unzip,
Code:
cd src
make -f Makefile.std
cp nppangband ..
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2010, 11:33   #2
jsv
Scout
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Russia
Posts: 27
jsv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
For those who want to play the new NPP in linux and love the SDL port, here is what you need. Unzip,
Code:
cd src
make -f Makefile.std
cp nppangband ..
Thanks.

By the way, you've packed compiled *.o files together with the source. So better command to run is
Quote:
cd src
make -f Makefile.std clean nppangband install
__________________
S(1.0.0 final lf3+) W "Dagrin" L:100 DL:4500' A++ *R* Sp+ w:Mace of Disruption (adamant)
O+/S+/Cr L H++ D/+ c f- PV+ s/- d@ P- M+
C-- !S I- So+ B? ac GHB- SQ RQ+ V/- F:haggling!
jsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2010, 12:08   #3
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,343
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsv View Post
By the way, you've packed compiled *.o files together with the source.
Aaarggh! Fixed now - and yes,
Code:
make -f Makefile.std install
in the src directory will do the trick.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2010, 17:32   #4
Soluzar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Soluzar is on a distinguished road
Since I asked about SDL in regards to NPP in another thread, I must also ask here. Will this work to build a Windows/SDL version using Bloodshed Dev C++ at all? I'm able to compile Vanilla 3.1.1 with SDL using that compiler suite.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2010, 19:55   #5
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stat Gain, Angband
Posts: 813
nppangband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluzar View Post
Since I asked about SDL in regards to NPP in another thread, I must also ask here. Will this work to build a Windows/SDL version using Bloodshed Dev C++ at all? I'm able to compile Vanilla 3.1.1 with SDL using that compiler suite.
For NPP 0.5.0, I am not sure. But very soon, the answer will be a definite yes.

I have an updated version coming out that updates the core of NPP from Angband 3.0.6 to the current Angband 3.1.2v2 beta. It won't have all of the features yet, but it will have all of the updated makefiles, main-xxx files and all of the core files that make Angband run. That that point, anything that can compile the current Vanilla should compile NPP as well.

My target for releasing a beta is August 1. I am actually almsot done now, but I have a project at work that is going to keep me busy for the next two weeks. I want to hold off the beta release until I actually will have time to fix the problems people discover.
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2010, 19:56   #6
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stat Gain, Angband
Posts: 813
nppangband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
For those who want to play the new NPP in linux and love the SDL port, here is what you need. Unzip,
Code:
cd src
make -f Makefile.std
cp nppangband ..
Thanks, Nick! Is this a version I should post on my site, or are these coding changes I should incorporate into the next release?
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2010, 23:04   #7
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,343
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nppangband View Post
Thanks, Nick! Is this a version I should post on my site, or are these coding changes I should incorporate into the next release?
Simple to incorporate the changes, I think. There's a main-sdl.c, and small changes to externs.h, h-system.h, main.h, main.c, Makefile.std and variable.c. I can give more details later if you need them.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2010, 01:24   #8
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stat Gain, Angband
Posts: 813
nppangband is on a distinguished road
Thanks again, Nick. I also posted a version in the NPP downloads section here:

http://download.nppangband.org/

There is also a version of the pre-alpha NPP 0.5.1. It is still unplayable, and is marked as such. I just wanted to have a backup out there somewhere in case my computer crashes. It is just NPP 050 with the Angband 3.1.2v2beta backbone, but no new gameplay features and plenty of bugs for me to fix before it is worth anybody's time.
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2010, 01:36   #9
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,500
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nppangband View Post
There is also a version of the pre-alpha NPP 0.5.1. It is still unplayable, and is marked as such. I just wanted to have a backup out there somewhere in case my computer crashes. It is just NPP 050 with the Angband 3.1.2v2beta backbone, but no new gameplay features and plenty of bugs for me to fix before it is worth anybody's time.
I strongly recommend you create an account on bitbucket.org or github.org (depending on whether you prefer hg or git). It's free and pretty easy to use, particularly if you're the only person doing commits.

I definitely find that my personal development goes a lot smoother when I can commit at regular milestones. That way, when I change something around and totally break it, I can easily diff with the last known version just to see what happened. Often I am messing around and suddenly realize I care about the code--then I create a local hg repo and eventually move it to my bitbucket account if I want to "back it up".

I can give you more detailed instructions on how to do it in Mercurial if you want. It's pretty easy if you've used any other version control system.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2010, 22:40   #10
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stat Gain, Angband
Posts: 813
nppangband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
I strongly recommend you create an account on bitbucket.org or github.org (depending on whether you prefer hg or git). It's free and pretty easy to use, particularly if you're the only person doing commits.

I definitely find that my personal development goes a lot smoother when I can commit at regular milestones. That way, when I change something around and totally break it, I can easily diff with the last known version just to see what happened. Often I am messing around and suddenly realize I care about the code--then I create a local hg repo and eventually move it to my bitbucket account if I want to "back it up".

I can give you more detailed instructions on how to do it in Mercurial if you want. It's pretty easy if you've used any other version control system.
Thanks. Good advice. It was just that going frmo Angband 3.0.6 to the current source was such a large job, this was the first natural breakpoint I have had in a long while.

Actually, we do have one, here... http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/NPPAngband, but Diego (my silent partner) is the one who maintains it. Now that he istaking a break, I will need to learn.
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NPP Angband MWGE Variants 6 December 8, 2010 22:14
[sdl][S/O/FA/other]Alt and Meta keypress modifiers are ignored. jsv Development 3 November 22, 2010 20:36
Down with the SDL! Pete Mack Development 0 August 13, 2009 04:26
SDL sound Nick Development 1 July 16, 2009 21:14
Ubuntu SDL Help? benhamill Vanilla 12 February 24, 2009 21:19


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.