AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old January 15, 2011, 19:53   #11
APWhite
Adept

APWhite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
Funny how? I mean, funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? Iím here to *** amuse you? What do you mean funny. Funny how? How am I funny? (says the borg)

After viewing it this many times, I've concluded that funny is a funny looking word. There was no question at first, but after I while I began to wonder if it was misspelled, even though I knew it wasn't.
Started drinking early today. eh?
APWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2011, 03:57   #12
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by APWhite View Post
Started drinking early today. eh?
Here at oook.cz, the phrase "It's five o'clock somewhere." actually holds water.
Old January 16, 2011, 04:05   #13
Nick
FAangband maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Here at oook.cz, the phrase "It's five o'clock somewhere." actually holds water.
It's three o'clock here, and I don't think it's the water that's the problem
Old January 22, 2011, 22:47   #14
Siggesigge
Scout

Siggesigge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Funny how? I mean, funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? Iím here to *** amuse you? What do you mean funny. Funny how? How am I funny? (says the borg)

After viewing it this many times, I've concluded that funny is a funny looking word. There was no question at first, but after I while I began to wonder if it was misspelled, even though I knew it wasn't.
Yes, like newspaper and litter bin. Dreadful, tinny sort of words.
Siggesigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2011, 13:35   #15
Philip
Knight

Philip is on a distinguished road
Sausage, gorn, bound and vole are perfectly good words. Nice, woody words. Names can be tinny though, like Simkins. Leap is PVCish though. And yes, I did open the script to see the words.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2011, 23:04   #16
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
I don't remember which thread it was on, but just wanted to say that the changes needed by the borg are currently in angband/master.
Old April 15, 2011, 12:42   #17
Nolendil
Adept

Donated: 10 euro
Nolendil is on a distinguished road
Hey,

Long time since I posted in this forum, but I keep following the news when I can and I always have a borg running on my computer at work.
Even if I don't have time to play, at least, there's a game running on my computer

So, today, I caught one reason for the Borg getting stuck in a loop (I think it's what is referred as "bouncing-borg" in the messages) and since I don't know where to report it, I thought I might post it here...
The reason is pretty simple: the Borg found The Iron Helm of Gorlim which is Heavily cursed, he tried to destroy it, it didn't work, he dropped it, moved one step away, came back, picked up the Helm again and repeated the whole process again.

I always feel a bit sorry for the Borg when I see him stuck in those loops. Sometimes, I even take control in hope I can give some help to that miserable soul
Maybe some special treatment could be applied to Heavily cursed items to avoid this case?
I'm using the latest version of the Borg for 320 (4 April 2011), btw.

Anyway, thanks for still updating the Borg, it's one of the most awesome software I've been using for years and it never ceases to entertain me
Nolendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2011, 23:25   #18
APWhite
Adept

APWhite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolendil View Post
Hey,

So, today, I caught one reason for the Borg getting stuck in a loop (I think it's what is referred as "bouncing-borg" in the messages) and since I don't know where to report it, I thought I might post it here...
The reason is pretty simple: the Borg found The Iron Helm of Gorlim which is Heavily cursed, he tried to destroy it, it didn't work, he dropped it, moved one step away, came back, picked up the Helm again and repeated the whole process again.

I always feel a bit sorry for the Borg when I see him stuck in those loops. Sometimes, I even take control in hope I can give some help to that miserable soul
Maybe some special treatment could be applied to Heavily cursed items to avoid this case?
I'm using the latest version of the Borg for 320 (4 April 2011), btw.

EDIT:
This is now fixed. Tested and seems to be ok.

Anyway, thanks for still updating the Borg, it's one of the most awesome software I've been using for years and it never ceases to entertain me
When you encounter problems with the borg, you send the savefile and a brief description to me at andrew@innovapain.com.

The borg is supposed to know that certain objects need to be left on the ground. It sounds like he is doing most of the process right (he knows he can't destroy it, so he drops it). He is supposed to know to not pick it up again. There is a list of bad_objects[] that he won't pick up.

There have been a number of bad loops introduced in 320 ::Evil_glaring_eyes_at_the_Dev_team:: I will test this one out and make sure it gets fixed. Thanks for the note.

Last edited by APWhite; April 16, 2011 at 05:01.
APWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2011, 23:36   #19
Nick
FAangband maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There have been a number of bad loops introduced in 320 ::Evil_glaring_eyes_at_the_Dev_team:: I will test this one out and make sure it gets fixed. Thanks for the note.
Heh - wait until you see 3.3

Awesome job keeping up with the rapid changes.
Old April 16, 2011, 09:25   #20
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Could you be a bit more specific? Did you mean buggy loops (like I forgot the null terminator in slay_table so d_m had to rewrite all the loops in slays.c) or loops which work but cause problems? Can you describe them, either here or at trac.rephial.org? I'm happy to try and fix them.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote