Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Oook!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2007, 15:42   #1
pav
Administrator
 
pav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Prague, Czech republic
Age: 34
Posts: 753
pav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pav
Variant list

There's a new page on the site, Variant list. It's modelled after Thangorodrim's variants page, and I'd like it to serve as up-to-date replacement for that. Thanks to Leon Marrick who took care of filling it with the data.

At the moment it lists a dozen of most popular variants. If anyone volunteers adding all those old variants to it, please, contact me for editing access.
__________________
See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz
pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 15:45   #2
takkaria
Veteran
 
takkaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,599
Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
There's a new page on the site, Variant list. It's modelled after Thangorodrim's variants page, and I'd like it to serve as up-to-date replacement for that. Thanks to Leon Marrick who took care of filling it with the data.

At the moment it lists a dozen of most popular variants. If anyone volunteers adding all those old variants to it, please, contact me for editing access.
I'm happy to do a bit of data input.

Also: maybe make the index table have a different width for the "version" column -- perhaps even just nuke the widths entirely so the table always fits its contents? (and add padding via css, perhaps)
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 16:09   #3
pav
Administrator
 
pav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Prague, Czech republic
Age: 34
Posts: 753
pav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
I'm happy to do a bit of data input.
You should be seeing editing widgets on that page now. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
Also: maybe make the index table have a different width for the "version" column -- perhaps even just nuke the widths entirely so the table always fits its contents? (and add padding via css, perhaps)
Does it line-wrap for you?

I have used fixed widths, because I plan to have several tables there in the future (active variants, old variants, ...)...
__________________
See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz
pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 11:48   #4
andrewdoull
Unangband maintainer
 
andrewdoull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 39
Posts: 871
andrewdoull is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
There's a new page on the site, Variant list. It's modelled after Thangorodrim's variants page, and I'd like it to serve as up-to-date replacement for that. Thanks to Leon Marrick who took care of filling it with the data.

At the moment it lists a dozen of most popular variants. If anyone volunteers adding all those old variants to it, please, contact me for editing access.
While I am happy that Unangband has "distinct favour", I'd rather it be flavoursome than hinting at what I'm happy to do to get people to play.
__________________
The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
In UnAngband, the level dives you.
ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com
andrewdoull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 14:39   #5
pav
Administrator
 
pav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Prague, Czech republic
Age: 34
Posts: 753
pav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoull View Post
While I am happy that Unangband has "distinct favour", I'd rather it be flavoursome than hinting at what I'm happy to do to get people to play.
I wonder where Leon took that quote. If you want the description replaced, please send me a new text.
__________________
See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz
pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 18:24   #6
andrewdoull
Unangband maintainer
 
andrewdoull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 39
Posts: 871
andrewdoull is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
I wonder where Leon took that quote. If you want the description replaced, please send me a new text.
I was meaning it should be spelt flavour, not favour...
__________________
The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
In UnAngband, the level dives you.
ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com
andrewdoull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 18:25   #7
pav
Administrator
 
pav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Prague, Czech republic
Age: 34
Posts: 753
pav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoull View Post
I was meaning it should be spelt flavour, not favour...
Ah. I fixed that typo after replying to your previous post.
__________________
See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz
pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 18:32   #8
Leon Marrick
Sangband maintainer
 
Leon Marrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Heavens only knows
Posts: 31
Leon Marrick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoull View Post
While I am happy that Unangband has "distinct favour", I'd rather it be flavoursome than hinting at what I'm happy to do to get people to play.


You see a puff of smoke!
__________________
S(all) W/D H+ D c+ f? PV++ s? d- P++ M+
C S !I !So SQ RQ V+ F:<<buffer overrun>>
http://angband.oook.cz/code
Leon Marrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 19:26   #9
CJNyfalt
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 289
CJNyfalt is on a distinguished road
The following variants are new and popular enough to deserve a place on the list:
- Hellband
- Posband
- Furyband, (or whatever is the name of the Fury-whatever one that isn't a ToME module, I always forget)
- Quickband
Sadly I'm not familiar enough with them to write entries for them.
CJNyfalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 20:56   #10
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,344
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJNyfalt View Post
The following variants are new and popular enough to deserve a place on the list:
- Hellband
- Posband
- Furyband, (or whatever is the name of the Fury-whatever one that isn't a ToME module, I always forget)
- Quickband
Sadly I'm not familiar enough with them to write entries for them.
Hellband and Quickband maintainers are active; I'm not sure about The Fury, and I can do one for Pos if necessary.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.