Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old August 7, 2011, 16:05   #1
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
[3.3.0] Bug: purple uniques invisible in tile mode

If you play in tile mode with the "Color: Show unique monsters in purple" option switched on, all the uniques appear as empty black squares.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2011, 20:59   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
If you play in tile mode with the "Color: Show unique monsters in purple" option switched on, all the uniques appear as empty black squares.
Weird - this didn't happen in 3.2.0, right? So it's somehow been affected by something else. Added to #1491, since it may be related.
Old August 7, 2011, 21:34   #3
Nomad
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Weird - this didn't happen in 3.2.0, right? So it's somehow been affected by something else. Added to #1491, since it may be related.
Huh... upon checking, it turns out it does happen in 3.2, but weirdly, there it's only a problem in actual gameplay, not when you're looking at the tile graphics through the monster knowledge menu. (As opposed to 3.3, where the setting makes uniques appear as blank squares in both gameplay and knowledge menu.)

EDIT: upon further checking and looking at the ASCII version, that seems to be because the knowledge menu didn't respect the purple uniques in 3.2 but that's been fixed for 3.3.
Old August 7, 2011, 21:39   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Huh... upon checking, it turns out it does happen in 3.2, but weirdly, there it's only a problem in actual gameplay, not when you're looking at the tile graphics through the monster knowledge menu. (As opposed to 3.3, where the setting makes uniques appear as blank squares in both gameplay and knowledge menu.)

EDIT: upon further checking and looking at the ASCII version, that seems to be because the knowledge menu didn't respect the purple uniques in 3.2 but that's been fixed for 3.3.
Oh dear - it's a bit disappointing that so few people played 3.2.0 that this didn't get noticed! But yes, you're right about the knowledge menu being "fixed" for 3.3 ....
Old August 7, 2011, 21:42   #5
Nomad
Knight

Quote:
Oh dear - it's a bit disappointing that so few people played 3.2.0 that this didn't get noticed! But yes, you're right about the knowledge menu being "fixed" for 3.3 ....
Well, I think it's probably just that tiles-only players would have had no reason to set the purple uniques option in the first place. It's the sort of thing that only comes up when you load a competition savefile that has different options to the ones you normally use.
Old August 8, 2011, 09:39   #6
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, I think it's probably just that tiles-only players would have had no reason to set the purple uniques option in the first place. It's the sort of thing that only comes up when you load a competition savefile that has different options to the ones you normally use.
And rest of the crowd probably are happy with non-purple uniques. IMO purple uniques just adds confusion about what you are fighting, so I'm not surprised if it isn't popular option.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2011, 15:54   #7
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If it's any consolation I noticed this but didn't comment on it since it is easy to fix by turning off purple uniques.