Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 2, 2008, 12:24   #41
phaethon_h
Rookie

phaethon_h is on a distinguished road
Animeband 0.6.1a release, build/compiler adjustments to 0.6.1. Binary (compiled version) packages available now, for GNU/Linux x86, MS-Windows x86, MS-DOS x86.

Major changes:
  • Train station is menu.
  • Enhancements (fixes?) to Replacement Technique.
Project page: http://www.icculus.org/animeband/
Downloads page: http://www.icculus.org/animeband/download.php

EDIT: added binaries packages.

Last edited by phaethon_h; April 5, 2008 at 10:33.
phaethon_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2008, 03:42   #42
p_ouji
Rookie

p_ouji is on a distinguished road
animeband 0.6.1a win-binary

The windows package binary seems to have invisible walls/granite/magma/etc. I've changed the visuals ingame to default by the visuals menu (very tedious), and now I have all the walls looking like '#'s. I prefer playing with solid block walls but don't quite know how. This is also the first time playing animeband in Vista so that might be contributing to the problem.

Thanks for the release and stepping up as maintainer.
p_ouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2008, 08:33   #43
Nick
FAangband maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_ouji View Post
The windows package binary seems to have invisible walls/granite/magma/etc. I've changed the visuals ingame to default by the visuals menu (very tedious), and now I have all the walls looking like '#'s. I prefer playing with solid block walls but don't quite know how. This is also the first time playing animeband in Vista so that might be contributing to the problem.
Yep, this is a standard Vista feature. The less tedious fix is to delete font-win.prf from the lib\pref folder.
Old April 29, 2008, 21:41   #44
p_ouji
Rookie

In the binary, the lib/xtra/sound directory has the graphics tiles, and the lib/xtra/graf directory has the sound files.
Old April 30, 2008, 01:43   #45
p_ouji
Rookie

Pyrotechnics crashed the game in Vista (targeting Uchiha Sasuke in the arena). Sort of odd since the move has been pretty stable in versions past.
Old April 30, 2008, 08:32   #46
phaethon_h
Rookie

Quote:
In the binary, the lib/xtra/sound directory has the graphics tiles, and the lib/xtra/graf directory has the sound files.
Good catch there. Fix is in SVN. I don't know if this is a severe enough problem to push out another binary package. Thoughts?

Quote:
Pyrotechnics crashed the game in Vista (targeting Uchiha Sasuke in the arena). Sort of odd since the move has been pretty stable in versions past.
OK, this one's weird. I don't know why that would happen, nor how to even remotely replicate the crash.
Old April 30, 2008, 13:21   #47
p_ouji
Rookie

Pyrotechnics (and the entire sentai movelist) has weird properties. It doesn't use the "previous target" option (neither does cosplayer mimic skill or ninja transform skill) and if there is no visible target, the player can target almost anywhere on the screen and do weird things like teleport past walls to unexplored areas and, teleport beyond the targeting range. I'm no coder, but I'll hazard a guess to the crash. Maybe the move is teleporting the PC and monster to the same location, or maybe its having problems drawing something to the screen since I'm not seeing the grey area effect cloud of the move(has this been removed?).
Old April 30, 2008, 19:53   #48
phaethon_h
Rookie

Quote:
Pyrotechnics (and the entire sentai movelist) has weird properties. It doesn't use the "previous target" option (neither does cosplayer mimic skill or ninja transform skill) and if there is no visible target, the player can target almost anywhere on the screen and do weird things like teleport past walls to unexplored areas and, teleport beyond the targeting range. I'm no coder, but I'll hazard a guess to the crash. Maybe the move is teleporting the PC and monster to the same location, or maybe its having problems drawing something to the screen since I'm not seeing the grey area effect cloud of the move(has this been removed?).
The only changes I made were to fix straightforward compiler errors and the compile system (the files ending up at the wrong place was basically a name switch in the install script), so gameplay-wise, nearly nothing should have changed.

So I fiddled with sentai moves a bit. When no targets are visible, it's possible to effectively target invisible monsters:

# @ <- no monsters in sight
#### <- titanium wall
# ? <- currently invisible monster due to running behind the wall

Targeting the unseen monster is identified as open space (or similar). Yet Pyrotechnics can hit the monster despite (a) being unseen and (b) being behind a wall, leading to (c) teleporting through the wall. I've also done similar with targeting yet-to-be-seen monsters on the other side of the level and warping way too far for what the move should allow. I think this is what you discovered as well. Clearly, this is the Wrong Thing.

But, I don't know if this is related to the crash or not. I'll look into sanitizing the relevant moves first, and see if that helps any. Let me know if (and how) you can reliably cause crashes with the glitchy moves in the current release.

EDIT: Addendum: to make it even more broken, during targeting, you can press 'o' for look-mode ("free targeting") and target anything at anytime, instead of only when no monsters are seen.

Last edited by phaethon_h; April 30, 2008 at 20:05.
Old June 12, 2008, 20:46   #49
MrCba
Rookie

MrCba is on a distinguished road
I love animeband !

A little bug :
In the first screen with application's title the version's number is wrong

A little suggestion :
A better description for object
Something more evolved than 'affect your strength' something like '+4 strength' will be better. And a description of the effect stored in object. For example allow illumination every 10 turns.

I can also help you ! So send me a personal message in this case.

regards,
Cba
Old June 20, 2008, 23:26   #50
MrCba
Rookie

MrCba is on a distinguished road
Hello,
Does someone have compiled under windows Animeband using Eclipse CDT ?

Just wanting some helps (a short tutorial for example)

Perhaps may I use an other software under Windows any suggestion ?