Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2008, 21:34   #1
strangeintp
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13
strangeintp is on a distinguished road
Angband 3.0.9 under Linux (graphics?)

Greetings all, I'm a newb too this community and a relative newb to Angband. I've been playing the graphical version under windows, and want to run it under Ubuntu 7.10. Is the graphical version supported under Linux?

I successfully compiled and run it in text mode, but anytime I try to run it in graphics mode, I get the following error:

PHP Code:
angband -mx11-d-g
angband
Unable to prepare any 'display module'
I ran ./configure enabling x11, sdl, and gtk. The only problem I can see is that I got warnings when make compiled the c files, like so (basically for each c file):
PHP Code:
CC     birth.c             
In file included from angband
.h:17,
                 
from birth.c:11:
h-basic.h:132:1warning"_GNU_SOURCE" redefined
<command line>:1:1warningthis is the location of the previous definition 
Has anybody successfully compiled and run 3.0.9 in graphics mode under Linux, or give me any help what might be going wrong? Thanks!
strangeintp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2008, 22:12   #2
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,322
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeintp View Post
I successfully compiled and run it in text mode, but anytime I try to run it in graphics mode, I get the following error:

PHP Code:
angband -mx11-d-g
angband
Unable to prepare any 'display module'
I think the -d option is your problem; it asks for an alternate path for auxiliary files, which isn't what you want. Try angband -mx11 -g. If you want different graphics options, then things like angband -mx11 -g -- -b will give bigtile, and so on. Do angband -h to get the full list.

Quote:
I ran ./configure enabling x11, sdl, and gtk. The only problem I can see is that I got warnings when make compiled the c files
These seem to me unlikely to be a problem. Unless I'm wrong.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2008, 22:16   #3
strangeintp
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13
strangeintp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I think the -d option is your problem; it asks for an alternate path for auxiliary files, which isn't what you want. Try angband -mx11 -g. If you want different graphics options, then things like angband -mx11 -g -- -b will give bigtile, and so on. Do angband -h to get the full list.



These seem to me unlikely to be a problem. Unless I'm wrong.
I actually tried all manner of option combinations (including the one you suggested), and they gave me the same error. Thanks though
strangeintp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2008, 22:29   #4
strangeintp
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13
strangeintp is on a distinguished road
ok, I think maybe I was using the option designators wrong, but I'm still not getting it to work. When I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -a" I get ASCII tiles, and if I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -g" I get a black view where the map should be (yes, the *32*.bmp files are in the /graf/ directory). Am I still messing up the options somehow?
strangeintp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2008, 22:44   #5
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,322
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeintp View Post
ok, I think maybe I was using the option designators wrong, but I'm still not getting it to work. When I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -a" I get ASCII tiles, and if I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -g" I get a black view where the map should be (yes, the *32*.bmp files are in the /graf/ directory). Am I still messing up the options somehow?
These work fine for me. The only difference I can see is that I haven't installed - I just copied the binary into my top level angband directory.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[O] Graphics? hero Variants 4 September 8, 2007 23:40
getting graphics to work arcane Vanilla 5 September 8, 2007 22:39
Trouble compiling angband 3.0.9 on linux RastaRuedi Vanilla 2 August 1, 2007 17:28
What variants use graphics beyond the @? Ghen Variants 7 July 13, 2007 00:05
problem with graphics mjtokarski Vanilla 11 July 8, 2007 00:40


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.