Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 28, 2011, 20:37   #11
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peterson View Post
I've experienced a minor problem with the map window. As I move through the dungeon additional images of the PC are deposited onto the map image. Makes it a little confusing locating myself in the dungeon. This happens with the Bolt, Gervais and Nomad tiles, but not with the old tiles or text interface.

I'm running the 3.3.0 binary downloaded from here on Win7. Everything else regarding the graphics looks fine.

P.S. I just downloaded angband-win-3.3RC-197197f version and the problem's still there. I don't see any more recent version.
Is this the problem described in http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1495? Or something else?

In either case, I'm not able to fix this - I know nothing about the tiles code. But I will see if another dev can fix it.
Old September 28, 2011, 20:41   #12
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
Sorry, either I lost this patch or I didn't see it. If you can find it would you mind linking it here, or emailing it to d_m AT plastic-idolatry DOT com? Hopefully the relevant code hasn't mutated too much since then.
I don't remember it either - I remember fixing {good} myself, so I obviously didn't know someone else had done it. I do have a vague memory of someone mentioning it on IRC I think (or maybe here), but don't think I ever saw the actual patch. May was before we got serious about pull requests (if were even on github by then).
Old September 28, 2011, 20:42   #13
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud View Post
I've noticed a minor order-of-messages quirk when something dies amid other messages. For example:

You hit the Black Harpy.
Your hands stop glowing.
You hit the Black Harpy.
You have slain the Black Harpy.
The Black Harpy looks confused.

That, I'm afraid, is entirely non-trivial to fix. We do have a ticket for it (#1502), but it's something for 3.4 or maybe even 3.5/4.0 - it's a lot of work.
Old September 28, 2011, 21:49   #14
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Ok, Angband 3.3.2rc1 is now available from http://buildbot.rephial.org/builds/3...RC-f723066.dmg and d_m to insert Windows link later.

- monsters are slowed and hasted properly again
- the numpad issues on Windows *might* be fixed (feedback welcome)
- the origin of gold in special rooms is correct

If any of these aren't working for you, or you think there are other easily fixable papercuts that ought to go in, please say so in this thread.
Old September 28, 2011, 22:00   #15
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
Sorry, either I lost this patch or I didn't see it. If you can find it would you mind linking it here, or emailing it to d_m AT plastic-idolatry DOT com? Hopefully the relevant code hasn't mutated too much since then.
It should be

https://github.com/eddiegrove/angband

[edit]

Oh, I should point to a commit I guess

https://github.com/eddiegrove/angban...9f6fcb733a1c75

[edit again]
If you have questions, send email rather than notices here. I've mostly given up on the way V is heading, so I don't keep up with oook more than glancing once or twice a week.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 22:18   #16
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
If you have questions, send email rather than notices here. I've mostly given up on the way V is heading, so I don't keep up with oook more than glancing once or twice a week.
OK, will do. Thanks for the link!
Old September 29, 2011, 00:56   #17
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud View Post
You hit the Black Harpy.
Your hands stop glowing.
You hit the Black Harpy.
You have slain the Black Harpy.
The Black Harpy looks confused.
That makes perfect sense. What's the problem .
Old September 29, 2011, 03:01   #18
BlueFish
Swordsman

BlueFish is on a distinguished road
I assume this is the same code as the wand of slow monster bug, but in case it's a separate bug, note that staves of slow monster don't work either.
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2011, 12:16   #19
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
I assume this is the same code as the wand of slow monster bug, but in case it's a separate bug, note that staves of slow monster don't work either.
Yes, that should be fixed in the RC
Old September 29, 2011, 15:30   #20
Bill Peterson
Apprentice

Bill Peterson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bill Peterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Is this the problem described in http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1495? Or something else?

In either case, I'm not able to fix this - I know nothing about the tiles code. But I will see if another dev can fix it.
No, I've seen the problem you're referring to (although not recently) and what I described is a different issue. But I do remember the annoying frequent redraw of the map screen and can see how the fix for it could produce both problems.

Let me download some more old versions and I'll see if I can narrow down the point when my problem first appeared.
Bill Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote