Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old October 31, 2011, 22:01   #1
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
New dev version

Hi all,

I just pushed a new dev version with a bunch of tweaks from takkaria and a few fixes:

Tweaks:
- max stack size increased to 40
- scrolls of Teleport Level are now much more expensive, and less common
- WARNING: Deep Descent is no longer an instant effect (it's like Recall), and drops 250' not 100'
- rods of Treasure Location have gone, scrolls are now dungeon-only
- detection of objects is now "fuzzy", i.e. you know where the objects are but not what they are

Fixes:
- the confusion/Study bug is gone (thanks noz)
- the stairs-while-hallucinating bug is gone (thanks PowerWyrm)
- the crash when 'r'ecalling the (Everburning) ego is fixed (nobody spotted that one)
- the word "Unignoring" now has a space after it, like it should (hugely important)

It's at the usual place (rephial.org/nightlies - windows is built; the OSX buildbot is offline so it'll be built whenever it reconnects).
Old October 31, 2011, 22:19   #2
Nomad
Swordsman

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Well, since you don't mention it here I assume you didn't fix it on purpose, but it appears that the problem with chardumps on Windows has also resolved itself. I think this one may remain a mystery for the ages...
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2011, 22:30   #3
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Well, since you don't mention it here I assume you didn't fix it on purpose, but it appears that the problem with chardumps on Windows has also resolved itself. I think this one may remain a mystery for the ages...
Yes! Sounds like it was a local problem - but we'll know when you try the new v4 (though that may be a while, as I'm still struggling with the last bug).

In less good news, the new dev version has a rather unfortunate problem with the new fuzzy detection and the object list ...
Old October 31, 2011, 22:44   #4
Nomad
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
In less good news, the new dev version has a rather unfortunate problem with the new fuzzy detection and the object list ...
It also hides objects that you've previously seen and shows them as unknown until they come back into LoS.
Old October 31, 2011, 23:10   #5
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
It also hides objects that you've previously seen and shows them as unknown until they come back into LoS.
Oh dear. That's going to encourage note-taking. Better fix that too. (I've nearly fixed the object list, just one compiler gripe to go.)
Old November 1, 2011, 00:37   #6
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Oh dear. That's going to encourage note-taking. Better fix that too. (I've nearly fixed the object list, just one compiler gripe to go.)
Ok, I fixed the object list ... and I can no longer reproduce the leaving-LOS problem. Items do not revert to asterisks for me. Let me know if it still happens to you.
Old November 1, 2011, 01:16   #7
Nomad
Swordsman

The object list now works correctly for me. Seen objects aren't reverting to asterisks spontaneously, but if I read a scroll of treasure detect when they're in detect range, they're reverted to unknown until I go and get a second look at them.

Also... chardumps are broken for me again. The two new V4 nightlies present the same pattern: dumps working correctly in 0dd1979, not working in 0dc93de after the latest fix. I have given up attempting to ascribe any form of logic to this bug.
Old November 1, 2011, 02:33   #8
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also... chardumps are broken for me again. The two new V4 nightlies present the same pattern: dumps working correctly in 0dd1979, not working in 0dc93de after the latest fix. I have given up attempting to ascribe any form of logic to this bug.
By the way, this is not local to Nomad as I got the same thing on my most recent dump. Also from Windows 7

http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=11942
Old November 1, 2011, 18:21   #9
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
The object list now works correctly for me. Seen objects aren't reverting to asterisks spontaneously, but if I read a scroll of treasure detect when they're in detect range, they're reverted to unknown until I go and get a second look at them.
Ok, I've just pushed a fix for this (both to V and v4). Thanks for the report.

Someone else mentioned worn objects reverting to "unknown" on recall - I can't reproduce this. If anyone can reproduce it reliably, please post a savefile where it can be reproduced and we'll try to fix it.
Quote:
Sorry, this is painful. None of the devteam use Win7, so we can't reproduce this. The commits you cite this time are not related to text handling at all, so I *strongly* suspect that the problem is build-related. If it's any consolation, several devs are having weird build errors (mine are about ID), which indicates that we have something seriously broken with our buildsystem (make clean not re-setting things properly). I think the autobuilder may be having similar issues. We apologise for the inconvenience ;-)
Old November 1, 2011, 19:29   #10
Nomad
Swordsman

Quote:
Sorry, this is painful. None of the devteam use Win7, so we can't reproduce this. The commits you cite this time are not related to text handling at all, so I *strongly* suspect that the problem is build-related. If it's any consolation, several devs are having weird build errors (mine are about ID), which indicates that we have something seriously broken with our buildsystem (make clean not re-setting things properly). I think the autobuilder may be having similar issues. We apologise for the inconvenience ;-)
Well, the dumps are back on again in the latest V4 anyway, so perhaps I'll just stick with that one for a while. (I do keep meaning to learn to make my own builds so I can have a go at poking around in the code, but aiee, C compilers give me hives. )

Issues with treasure detect scrolls are now sorted out, thanks. I haven't seen any problems with worn objects turning to unknown.

One other very minor thing, related to the recent changes to lights; now that it's impossible to refuel torches, could the number/frequency of "your light is growing faint" messages be reduced? It's a bit annoying to keep getting that every ten paces when you're deliberately letting a torch burn all the way down before you replace it.