Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Obsolete > v4

Old December 24, 2011, 15:22   #1
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
possible bug in affixes

I found a long sword of intelligence, the known properties are of intelligence, of slaying and of venom. The known runes are venom brand and hates acid. The unknown runes are "ol" and "hama", when I look in the knowledge menu to see what category of runes those are "ol" is listed as a Stat rune which seems like it would be obvious especially since I already know the sword give +2 intelligence. Unless it left it unkown since the character does not know which of the two unknown runes is giving him the intelligence bonus. In which case that is very cool.
Old December 24, 2011, 15:37   #2
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
It looks like it is actually a bug. I later found a mace with the of wisdom property and an unknown rune that turned out to be wisdom. Unless you deliberately made it so that even if you know the property you don't learn the rune imediately?
Old December 24, 2011, 16:01   #3
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Boy View Post
It looks like it is actually a bug. I later found a mace with the of wisdom property and an unknown rune that turned out to be wisdom. Unless you deliberately made it so that even if you know the property you don't learn the rune imediately?
No, it's a bug - when you know the property you should learn the rune. I'm not sure why the intelligence rune didn't get learned. There must be a code path that learns some properties without setting the relevant known_runes bitflag, which I haven't yet seen. identify.c is a little messy like that ...

Thanks for the spot - opened as #1605.