Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old May 17, 2012, 23:52   #101
emulord
Adept

emulord is on a distinguished road
Some UI suggestions:

I hate having to hit * to see which item/spell to select. Can the game do that for me automatically? Also in some *band hitting space doubled as * in that context, allowing item/spell use to be quicker. That would be useful too.

Also, sometimes I accidentally mispress a key and identify something that's already identified. Can this be disabled so I don't waste ID?
emulord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 04:29   #102
emulord
Adept

Question: Does stealth max at superb, or does it just stop showing? I'm a level 20 dwarf rogue with +6 stealth from equipment.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:46   #103
Antoine
Ironband/Quickband Maintainer

Antoine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulord View Post
Question: Does stealth max at superb, or does it just stop showing? I'm a level 20 dwarf rogue with +6 stealth from equipment.
My understanding is that there comes a point where your stealth gets better and better, but is still simply shown as "superb". I doubt you will ever reach the point where you should consider not wearing a stealth item because it won't give you added benefit.

A.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:47   #104
Antoine
Ironband/Quickband Maintainer

Antoine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some UI suggestions:

I hate having to hit * to see which item/spell to select. Can the game do that for me automatically? Also in some *band hitting space doubled as * in that context, allowing item/spell use to be quicker. That would be useful too.

Also, sometimes I accidentally mispress a key and identify something that's already identified. Can this be disabled so I don't waste ID?
I hadn't planned to address UI issues in minimal - it's a direct knock off of the NPP UI which is generally pretty good. Feel free to pass comments on to the NPP guys though (or even better, patches!)

A.
Old May 18, 2012, 15:18   #105
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hate having to hit * to see which item/spell to select. Can the game do that for me automatically?
There should be an option (unless it has been removed) to "always show lists" or something similar.
Old May 18, 2012, 16:25   #106
emulord
Adept

Dwarf rogue is so far the easiest race/class I've found. My int is abysmal tho. min fail=20%

I dont see that option anywhere...
Old May 18, 2012, 22:11   #107
thapper
Adept

thapper is on a distinguished road
Emulord: Try,

'='
'a' interface options
'i' automatically display drop-down lists
and 't'oggle to yes.
thapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 04:09   #108
emulord
Adept

Thanks! Idk why I didnt see that.
Old June 4, 2012, 22:58   #109
thapper
Adept

thapper is on a distinguished road
Some of my views on the "early-late game"

Non-uniques:

I like that the wyrms are quite different in difficulty. I have no problem with white, green, and black. I take out blue if they are not too many and bronze occasionally. I leave gold, dracolish, and red alone. I've never even felt tempted to attack a chromatic.

Among the demons I don't mess with pit fiends (that fire attack was brutal with only a single resist) and gelugons (shards). I also avoid balrogs, I have the feeling that they summon other demons too often. I do attack osyluths, they only drain my chr.

Among the undead I avoid the black reavers but I take on the nightwalkers with ranged attack. Reading their description now they look rather similar in threat-level so maybe I should try on some black reavers again. The rest of the undead I kill, from a distance or in melee.

The Qs are as annoying as they should, I usually lack -fire ball so I either avoid (master Qs, normal Qs), melee or shoot (normal Qs)

The Storm giants are still not a joke, cyclopses take a few turns in melee but are mostly harmless.

Since I play a rogue I can pick my fights most of the time. The Ds, Us, and undead rarely wake up unless disturbed.

Pits:
The D-pits feel quite different from vanilla, they will have 15 or more of the wyrm, rest dragons (I saw one with just white Ds). This I can handle for white and black but I really avoid the red pits and I can only handle blue if I can control the amount of Ds coming out. The reason is that I don't have any double resist (except poison) and no healing spell. So dragon pits that can "normally" be a great source of stuff is now more something to avoid.

U-pits I avoid, they often have at least one of the types I don't like to mess with.

From earlier pits I can say that troll pits looked silly since they only had two types of Ts and they have the same colour. Perhaps Trolls can mix in with the orcs?

Graveyards I flee, mixed room of Ds as well.

I'll try to add my views on consumables, artifacts/kit, and uniques later this week. Anything else you'd like to hear Antoine?
thapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2012, 00:26   #110
emulord
Adept

Bug report: I was playing a mage in the latest version, and although Stinking Cloud damaged everything immediately, shardstorm had a delay of 1 turn before it started affecting things. So Scorpions were staying asleep in the middle of a shardstorm for a little bit