AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 25, 2016, 22:23   #1
Tibarius
Swordsman

Tibarius is an unknown quantity at this point
more bugs in 4.0.5 (?)

Hi,
so i played 4.0.5 to have the latest data for my players guide. Unfortunately there are a more things "odd" which i would mark as bugs:

1. Rod of Probing does not reveal the breath attacks anymore. I hope that's a bug and not a feature.

2. In the monster recal information window the electricity element is shown in yellow color even with permanent and temporary resistance active. It was for major multi-hued dragon and another monster so i assume this is valid for all monsters.

3. Monster Name: dwar, dog lord of waR (not of waw)

4. Game Turn count is sometimes obviously wrong, just started the game and did maybe a couple of dozens turns and the count is already close to 3000. No further (more accurate) information about this bug available tho.

Last edited by Tibarius; June 27, 2016 at 09:52.
Tibarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2016, 17:44   #2
AnonymousHero
Veteran

AnonymousHero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibarius View Post
3. Monster Name: dwar, dog lord of waR (not of waw)
It's actually not a typo. Waw is a place, though this is obviously non canon.
AnonymousHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2016, 06:14   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Appears to be a memory corruption bug in REMOVE_RANDOM_STAT handler, for !Toughness. when the randomly selected stat is CON, the pointer will go out of bounds, and decrement who knows what.

Edit:
I noticed that once you get to stat 18-18/75 stat swap is actually a net gain, since the gain is usually greater than 1, but the loss is always exactly 1. (Above 18/75 or so, the stat swap is a net loss.)
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2, 2016, 14:58   #4
shadow
Rookie

shadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibarius View Post
Hi,

1. Rod of Probing does not reveal the breath attacks anymore. I hope that's a bug and not a feature.
Doesn't seem to reveal summons either? Those are the two things I'd want to know.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3, 2016, 14:21   #5
Bogatyr
Swordsman

Bogatyr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Doesn't seem to reveal summons either? Those are the two things I'd want to know.
Also doesn't reveal previously unknown resistances. The only thing it seems to reveal is physical attacks. The rod of probing is weaker in 4.x than in 3.x because of this. In 3.x it did not reveal magical or breath attacks either until you've seen one (or more) of them.
Bogatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2016, 20:03   #6
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Bug in mon-lore for chance to hit.
The chance should be .12 + .83*chance, where
chance, where chance = (adj_skill-2/3AC)/adj_skill
The reported hit chance is significantly higher (by 7%, fully buffed, for my current mage vs Sauron)
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2016, 23:01   #7
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Appears to be a memory corruption bug in REMOVE_RANDOM_STAT handler, for !Toughness. when the randomly selected stat is CON, the pointer will go out of bounds, and decrement who knows what.
Thanks, that code was garbage - fixed in development.
Old October 17, 2016, 23:18   #8
luneya
Swordsman

luneya is on a distinguished road
I just downloaded the latest nightly (15 Oct 2016 at 22:34 UTC, revision 76734a1, OSX precompiled version), started up a new character, and got hit with an annoying bug right away. I chose not to take a starting kit, and when I looked in the weapon shops, everything had its damage dice marked as 0D0, and a corresponding 0 average damage upon inspection. I bought something at random, and proceeded to whack a defenseless townsman with it. Said townsman did take damage and die, but the weapon in my inventory still showed 0D0 and 0 average damage. My character screen did show the correct damage for the equipped weapon (1D8 for a cutlass, as opposed to 1D1 when I took it off), so I suppose it's not technically unplayable, but I'm not going to bother.

I can post a save if you want, but it's literally a new game just off of character gen, so I doubt it'll help.
luneya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2016, 10:56   #9
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by luneya View Post
I just downloaded the latest nightly (15 Oct 2016 at 22:34 UTC, revision 76734a1, OSX precompiled version), started up a new character, and got hit with an annoying bug right away. I chose not to take a starting kit, and when I looked in the weapon shops, everything had its damage dice marked as 0D0, and a corresponding 0 average damage upon inspection. I bought something at random, and proceeded to whack a defenseless townsman with it. Said townsman did take damage and die, but the weapon in my inventory still showed 0D0 and 0 average damage. My character screen did show the correct damage for the equipped weapon (1D8 for a cutlass, as opposed to 1D1 when I took it off), so I suppose it's not technically unplayable, but I'm not going to bother.

I can post a save if you want, but it's literally a new game just off of character gen, so I doubt it'll help.
This one's been reported before - it should right itself once you hit something.
Old October 19, 2016, 03:51   #10
luneya
Swordsman

luneya is on a distinguished road
As I said in my post, I did indeed hit something with the weapon. Specifically, I killed some of the beggars in town. The sword was still reading 0D0 after doing so.
luneya is offline   Reply With Quote