Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old September 26, 2008, 22:26   #11
perost
Scout

perost is on a distinguished road
I've been playing a priest now, and just found the spell book Sacred Rites on a level 11 thieves guild quest. Nice!

However, I found two very minor issues at the same time. The first is that Banishment is misspelled as Banisment. The second is that I tried out my new spells and summoned an angel. When it disappeared after a while I got the "You just completed your quest!"-message a second time for that quest, since I had already cleared out the level before summoning the angel. Aside from the message nothing else seems to have happened, so I guess it's a harmless enough bug.
perost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2008, 22:44   #12
Mangojuice
Z+Angband Maintainer

Mangojuice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perost View Post
I've been playing a priest now, and just found the spell book Sacred Rites on a level 11 thieves guild quest. Nice!

However, I found two very minor issues at the same time. The first is that Banishment is misspelled as Banisment. The second is that I tried out my new spells and summoned an angel. When it disappeared after a while I got the "You just completed your quest!"-message a second time for that quest, since I had already cleared out the level before summoning the angel. Aside from the message nothing else seems to have happened, so I guess it's a harmless enough bug.
Nice find! Fixed the bug; yes, it was simple and harmless.
Mangojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2008, 12:32   #13
rhukath
Rookie

rhukath is on a distinguished road
Unique bug

I managed to get to Clvl 11 and was wandering between towns gathering quests as I usually do. During this time I killed Freesia. I have now just requested a quest and it is a quest to kill Freesia. Does the game check against the known unique list? this would possibly be a way to avoid such a bug

Rhukath
rhukath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2008, 16:26   #14
Mangojuice
Z+Angband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhukath View Post
I managed to get to Clvl 11 and was wandering between towns gathering quests as I usually do. During this time I killed Freesia. I have now just requested a quest and it is a quest to kill Freesia. Does the game check against the known unique list? this would possibly be a way to avoid such a bug

Rhukath
Hm... I thought I had fixed that. The quest was simply "Kill Freesia"? Or, "Kill Freesia, who is guarding dungeon level 3"?
Old September 29, 2008, 05:54   #15
RogerN
Swordsman

RogerN is on a distinguished road
Here's another. I currently have a quest to kill Adunaphel the Quiet on dungeon level 75. However, while trying to complete a different quest (destroy a Dark Elven Shade and his minions) one of the sorcerers managed to summon Adunaphel the Quiet.

Since I managed to kill her (and it didn't mark the quest as finished), what will happen if I go down to level 75? Will it crash? Will I be able to descend to dungeon level 76? I hope I didn't just screw my game file up... this was the competition character

Last edited by RogerN; September 29, 2008 at 06:19.
RogerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2008, 03:00   #16
bonzo
Scout

bonzo is on a distinguished road
Options

The changing of any Birth or Autosave Options do not seem to be remembered from game to game after choosing n) Dump Options to a Pref File. All other option changes seem to stick. Any way to change this? I'm running Z+ via Wine on Linux.
bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2008, 04:33   #17
RogerN
Swordsman

RogerN is on a distinguished road
A quick observation: Z+ is not very diver-friendly. I've noticed that in many (all?) of the dungeons there is only one downward staircase on the entire level. Was that a conscious design decision? Personally I'd like to see a few more staircases.
RogerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2008, 14:53   #18
Seany C
Swordsman

Donated: $20
Seany C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN View Post
A quick observation: Z+ is not very diver-friendly. I've noticed that in many (all?) of the dungeons there is only one downward staircase on the entire level. Was that a conscious design decision? Personally I'd like to see a few more staircases.
Ditto - some of the earlier dungeon levels are horribly tedious until you get detect stairs. Either more stairs or smaller levels would work well...

PS Can anyone remember what the different dungeon numbers (on the overview map) signify, if anything?
Seany C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2008, 15:03   #19
Mangojuice
Z+Angband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seany C View Post
Ditto - some of the earlier dungeon levels are horribly tedious until you get detect stairs. Either more stairs or smaller levels would work well...

PS Can anyone remember what the different dungeon numbers (on the overview map) signify, if anything?
It was a deliberate design decision, but different dungeon types have different amounts of staircases. The "sewer" type, which is always the one present in the starting town, typically has one down staircase per level. This was done to encourage you to get out of the town and get into quests. Having played it, I do agree that having only one down staircase per level can be frustrating.. a number of find-x-artifact quests took me to sewer dungeons, and diving quickly to the right depth was a matter of a lot of teleporting and stair detection. What I think I might do, when I get around to revisiting dungeon generation, is try to make sure the stairs are always in the middle area, which will make them much easier to find. In my experience, the stairs are far more likely to be disconnected from the dungeon if they're near the edge, and they're also harder to look for then.

Dungeon numbers indicate the depth of the dungeon and the depth level for the dungeon guards. Number n indicates that the stairs take you directly to a level from 10*(n-1) to 10*n - 1. So a number 4 would be a level 30-39 dungeon. Dungeons have guards at a level equal to their first level. So, watch out for high numbers, they're dangerous.

--MJ
Old September 30, 2008, 15:04   #20
Mangojuice
Z+Angband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN View Post
Here's another. I currently have a quest to kill Adunaphel the Quiet on dungeon level 75. However, while trying to complete a different quest (destroy a Dark Elven Shade and his minions) one of the sorcerers managed to summon Adunaphel the Quiet.

Since I managed to kill her (and it didn't mark the quest as finished), what will happen if I go down to level 75? Will it crash? Will I be able to descend to dungeon level 76? I hope I didn't just screw my game file up... this was the competition character
Are you playing 0.2.3? Because that bug is supposed to have been fixed.

If not, you can fix your game by upgrading, because that bug is one that gets corrected when you import your character. In other words, the quest will get marked as finished now that Adunaphel is dead.