The Angband Ladder: Saatana, Half-Orc Warrior by <>

  [Angband 3.0.3 Character Dump]

 Name   Saatana                                  Self  RB  CB  EB   Best
 Sex    Male              Age        14   Str:     16  +2  +5  +3  18/80  18/70
 Race   Half-Orc          Height     66   INT:     15  -1  -2  +2     14
 Class  Warrior           Weight    146   WIS:     10  +0  -2  +4     12
 Title  Myrmidon          Status      4   DEX:     17  +0  +2  +0  18/10
 HP     -4/296            Maximize    Y   CON:     14  +1  +2  +0     17
 SP     0/0               Preserve    Y   CHR:     11  -4  -1  +0      6

 Level           27       Armor     [21,+29]     Saving Throw  Excellent
 Cur Exp      36382       Fight      (+5,+9)     Stealth             Bad
 Max Exp      36382       Melee    (+14,+14)     Fighting      Legendary
 Adv Exp      38500       Shoot     (+10,+2)     Shooting         Heroic
                          Blows       2/turn     Disarming     Very Good
 Gold         25362       Shots       1/turn     Magic Device       Good
                                                 Perception          Bad
 Burden   136.6 lbs       Infra        70 ft     Searching          Poor

 Your father was an Orc, but it is unacknowledged. You are the adopted
 child of a Serf.  You are a well liked child.  You have hazel eyes,
 wavy brown hair, and an average complexion.

  [Last Messages]

> The Sabre-tooth tiger bites you. <2x>
> You failed to use the staff properly.
> The Baby bronze dragon claws you. <2x>
> The Baby bronze dragon bites you.
> The Sabre-tooth tiger claws you.
> The Sabre-tooth tiger misses you.
> The Sabre-tooth tiger bites you. <2x>
> The Sabre-tooth tiger claws you. <2x>
> The Sabre-tooth tiger bites you. <2x>
> The Baby bronze dragon misses you. <2x>
> The Baby bronze dragon bites you.
> You failed to use the staff properly.
> The Sabre-tooth tiger misses you. <2x>
> The Sabre-tooth tiger bites you. <2x>
> You die.

  [Character Equipment]

a) The Lucerne Hammer 'Turmil' (2d5) (+9,+5) [+7] (+4) {Gorbag's Pit, 1000'}
   It increases your wisdom by 4.  It increases your infravision by 4.  It
   slays orcs.  It is branded with frost.  It provides resistance to cold
    and light.  It lights the dungeon around you and speeds your
   regeneration.  It activates for drain life (90) every 40 turns.  It
   cannot be harmed by the elements.  
b) a Long Bow (x3) (+5,+2)
c) a Gold Ring of Free Action
   It grants you immunity to paralysis.  
d) a Fluorite Ring of Protection [+10]
e) a Pewter Amulet of Resist Lightning
   It provides resistance to lightning.  It cannot be harmed by 
f) a Brass Lantern (with 4799 turns of light) {10% off}
   It cannot be harmed by fire.  
g) Chain Mail (-2) [14,-5]
h) a Cloak [1,-1]
i) a Small Leather Shield of Resist Acid [2,+5]
   It provides resistance to acid.  It cannot be harmed by acid.  
j) a Golden Crown of the Magi [0,+3] (+2)
   It increases your intelligence by 2.  It provides resistance to acid, 
   lightning, fire, cold, and life draining.  It sustains your 
   intelligence.  It cannot be harmed by the elements.  
k) a Set of Leather Gloves of Power (+2,+5) [1,+8] (+3)
   It increases your strength by 3.  
l) a Pair of Hard Leather Boots [3,+0]

  [Character Inventory]

a) 15 Flasks of oil {40% off}
b) 32 Scrolls titled "nihrol cre" of Phase Door {25% off}
c) 29 Scrolls titled "argpot bytther" of Word of Recall {10% off}
d) 10 Scrolls titled "glennej ulkpet" of Satisfy Hunger
e) a Zinc Rod of Trap Location
f) a Rusty Rod of Disarming
g) a Mithril Rod of Lightning Bolts
h) a Lead Wand of Confuse Monster (11 charges)
i) a Steel-Plated Wand of Fire Balls (5 charges)
   It cannot be harmed by fire.  
j) a Hickory Staff of Teleportation (4 charges)
k) a Runed Staff of Perception (6 charges)
l) a Balsa Staff of Sleep Monsters (6 charges)
m) 37 Arrows (1d4) (+0,+0)

  [Home Inventory]

a) The Metal Cap of Thengel [3,+12] (+3)
   It increases your wisdom and charisma by 3.  It provides resistance to 
   confusion.  It cannot be harmed by the elements.  


Adult: Allow purchase of stats using points  : no  (adult_point_based)
Adult: Allow specification of minimal stats  : yes (adult_auto_roller)
Adult: Maximize effect of race/class bonuses : yes (adult_maximize)
Adult: Preserve artifacts when leaving level : yes (adult_preserve)
Adult: Restrict the use of stairs/recall     : no  (adult_ironman)
Adult: Restrict the use of stores/home       : no  (adult_no_stores)
Adult: Restrict creation of artifacts        : no  (adult_no_artifacts)
Adult: Randomize some of the artifacts (beta): no  (adult_rand_artifacts)
Adult: Don't stack objects on the floor      : yes (adult_no_stacking)
Score: Peek into object creation             : no  (score_peek)
Score: Peek into monster creation            : no  (score_hear)
Score: Peek into dungeon creation            : no  (score_room)
Score: Peek into something else              : no  (score_xtra)
Score: Know complete monster info            : no  (score_know)
Score: Allow player to avoid death           : no  (score_live)

Posted on 4.7.2003 16:16
Last updated on 6.7.2003 13:52

Download this dump

11439. on the Ladder (of 15992)
3952. on the Angband Ladder (of 5040)
5. for this player (out of 5)


Jump to latest

On 4.7.2003 16:16 wrote:
I'm having hard time finding anything of value and/or use. CLVL is 19, and I still haven't found any other weapons than simple enchanted garbage. And Phial! Where is the Phial! (Note that this must be the first time I'm playing with auto-scummer OFF, so I may have warped ideas of how easy it should be to find something valuable)

So, what depths should I be exploring? I'm a little bit afraid of venturing any lower since I have no FA let alone other life-saving resistances, such as conf. res.

On 4.7.2003 18:18 wrote:
Found a Ring of FA! Oh joy! But still a bit afraid of venturing lower than 500 ft.

On 4.7.2003 19:50 wrote:
Well my Z high-elven char was char level 44 and dungeon level 70 before he found a bow that wasn't "enchanted garbage" so don't complain. It could be worse...

On 4.7.2003 19:50 wrote:
Well my Z high-elven char was char level 44 and dungeon level 70 before he found a bow that wasn't "enchanted garbage" so don't complain. It could be worse...

On 5.7.2003 11:20 wrote:
Okey, some of the early uniques
gave me some {excellent} stuff, however nothing that I would want to keep. That Excellent cutlass is actually a cutlass of lightning. It gives me 2 attacks / turn. Should I use it? That dagger gives me 4 attacks, but I imagine the damage is a little less effective.

However, with FA I think I could venture some more levels down in hopes to find something to see invisible with.

On 6.7.2003 09:36 wrote:
Alright, I'm kicking ass for a while although I'm STILL missing the Phial! However, my new *artifact* hammer seems to light the dungeon a bit :) In addition to Turmil, I found a Crown of the Magi, that gives me some basic resistances. Now I'd very much like to have conf. resistance, I've already had some almost-near-death experiences with confusion.

On 6.7.2003 10:24 wrote:
Uargh. I Found the Cap of Thengel, which would give resistance to confusion, but I will not give away my basic resistances.

On 6.7.2003 13:52 wrote:
That's it. First a baby bronze dragon confused me. Then it attacked me while at the same time a sabre-tooth tiger approached me. When the situation started to look somewhat grim, I decided to pull off and use my staff of teleportation.

"You failed to use staff!"
"You failed to use staff!"
"You failed to use staff!"
"You die."


On 6.7.2003 13:54 wrote:
And yes, I did have the Metal Cap of Thengel... in my home! Didn't have any other source of basic resistances than the crown of the Magi so I didn't choose to switch headgear.

On 4.8.2003 19:51 wrote:
Next time you should carry a stack of Cure Critical Wounds. They are readily available at the temple in town and cure confusion, poison, blindness and a good amount of hitpoints. They have saved my butt countless times!

On 8.12.2003 19:18 wrote:
You need to look up the activation rules on staffs/wands/rods. When you are confused you ability is cut in half. While you likely had a >90% chance to activate a staff of teleportation normally, since you were confused I figure you had around a 10% chance. Confusion sucks!

BTW - Lighting branded weapons have a 5x multiplier!!! Now, it really depends on how enchanted the weapon is since the brand is applied to the BASE damage, but still...that 5x is tough to beat!

On 23.11.2004 20:25 wrote:
actually, not that bad warrior.. Although you could've had better amulet than lightning resistance because the crown of magi gave it already. i had somewhat same kind of a warrior. check Elrond.
PS. Kyllä se siitä...

Write comment:

Your email
or Log into forum
Your comment

Send me email when someone comments this dump

Type the text from the above image:

Related dumps:

Woundwort, L27 Half-Orc Warrior
3954th in Angband (3.1.1) by AceRimmer (95%)

Wulfgar, L27 Human Warrior
3961st in Angband (3.0.1) by <> (71%)

Mai, L27 Half-Troll Warrior
3959th in Angband (3.3.0) by <> (71%)

AmoulSolo, L27 Human Warrior
3968th in Angband (3.0.6) by <> (71%)

Slapper VIII, L27 Half-Troll Warrior
3964th in Angband (3.5.0) by MattB (71%)

Andi Mytten III, L27 Human Warrior
11th in Angband (3.3.0) by Mytten (71%)

Rhonda, L27 Human Warrior
12th in Angband (3.3.0) by Gorbad (71%)

Tandor, L27 Dunadan Warrior
3904th in Angband (3.3.0) by Atanvarno (71%)

Angladri XI, L27 Half-Troll Warrior
3938th in Angband (3.2.0) by Saphalond (71%)

Hanna, L27 Dunadan Warrior
15th in Angband (3.2.0) by Ycombinator (71%)

Istin, L27 Half-Troll Warrior
3944th in Angband (4.1.0) by Ancient Green (71%)

Seen 1783 times.

Submit your dump!

angbanders here | server time is 18:30 Prague time
site contact Pav Lucistnik