Sil gives you the chance to set out on the most epic of all the adventures Tolkien wrote about. As Beren and Luthien did, you can dive into the stronghold of Angband, in the far North of Middle-earth in the First Age of the world, on a quest to steal a Silmaril from the iron crown of the black enemy, Morgoth.
- Sil moves away from the creatures and magic of generic fantasty, instead recreating the world Tolkien imagined.
- An exciting and carefully balanced combat system, without instant escapes, gives great tactical depth to combat.
- The game is built upon elegant rules which are explained to players in the manual.
- A rich space of possible character builds to explore.
- A clean and accessible control system.
- Sil is designed to be dangerous and challenging, but it is also a much shorter game than most Angband variants.
Author / maintainer: half
January 3, 2013
|Mac OS X||Sil-111-Mac.zip||January 3, 2013|
|Windows||Sil-111-Win.zip||January 3, 2013|
|Source code||Sil-111-src.zip||January 3, 2013|
Announcement, September 4, 2012
|Mac OS X||Sil-Mac.zip||September 4, 2012|
|Windows||Sil-Win.zip||September 4, 2012|
|Source code||Sil-src.zip||September 4, 2012|
January 18, 2012
|Windows||Sil-Win.zip||January 18, 2012|
|Source code||Sil-src.zip||January 18, 2012|
|Mac OS X||Sil-Mac.zip||January 18, 2012|